Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/19/2015 9:41:14 PM EDT
I am building a Krinkov-style rifle based on an M85 PAP. I would like to replace the original Yugo pistol grip with a red Russian-style grip...

From this:

...to something like this:

Unfortunately, the Yugo grip screw/base has a much more acute angle and will not work with the grip I bought. Is there a way to make this work, either with a different grip with the Russian look, or with some other drop-in solution? Or do I have to remove the original grip screw base and cut the receiver to accept a regular grip screw base?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually did this recently and ran into the same issue you are having.

My surplus Russian peg wouldn't fit correctly because of the angle you mentioned. I was able to get a KVar peg grip to fit. Although the look isn't the same as the surplus peg, it's better than the original crappy grip.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I am going to make a new bolt using a piece of stud, bending it to match the proper angle then using a nut to secure the grip. Does anyone know the thread on the Yugo bolt?
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top