Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/26/2015 9:14:24 AM EDT
I am looking for either a quad rail or other handguard that will take rails. I know the Yugo is a little different. What do I need to know when it comes to buying and installing? Do you have any recommendations?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You should specify what kind/model of Yugo you are referring to.

For M70s, UTG and Midwest Industries offer quad rails, Hogue offers overmolded handguards where you can add/delete rails as you see fit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should specify what kind/model of Yugo you are referring to.

For M70s, UTG and Midwest Industries offer quad rails, Hogue offers overmolded handguards where you can add/delete rails as you see fit.
View Quote

Yeah, im sorry. Mine is an M70.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:12:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I am about to throw a serious fit! I want a Zhukov hand guard and it won't fit! Heck I'd settle for just about any hand guard that's not wood.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Ya, we are suckin for handguard options.....as mentioned it is only UTG/MI for quad rails....Ultimak has an expensive lower railed HG.  I am trying to decide what to use on my NPAP as well.  Might just be a Hogue lower and use an Ultimak up top.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Zhukov is coming, but until then your choices are limited. I don't know why Manticore is/has designed Alfa rails for so many other variants when Yugos have been so popular in the last few years, but they now apparently have "something else" in the works for our rifles (and hopefully it's not just for M92s).

All that said, I have the Houge handguard on my M10 and I absolutely love it. I'd take it over the Magpul any day.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Zhukov is coming, but until then your choices are limited. I don't know why Manticore is/has designed Alfa rails for so many other variants when Yugos have been so popular in the last few years, but they now apparently have "something else" in the works for our rifles (and hopefully it's not just for M92s).

All that said, I have the Houge handguard on my M10 and I absolutely love it. I'd take it over the Magpul any day.
View Quote

So just curious where did you hear that Magpul is going to make a Yugo m70 compatible Zhukov hand guard? Any time line?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#7]
The magpul zhukov clamps around the barrel using an internal metal frame. The factory retainer is actually cut off.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So just curious where did you hear that Magpul is going to make a Yugo m70 compatible Zhukov hand guard? Any time line?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From Magpul in one or more of the various magpul furniture posts here. Go back to the earlier SHOT show time period and it's discussed. Timeline was supposed to be a few months after the standard-AKM line was introduced, but obviously even that launch has been fraught with delays. I'm guessing they've dedicated a lot of their manufacturing resources this spring to fixing the Glock magazine fiasco.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I found this on ebay...was listed as an m70 quadrail....not sure who its made by but it is not utg...not the greatest quality but works well stays in place and suits my purpose

" />

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top