Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/14/2015 7:38:40 PM EDT
Has anyone put an Attero mount, specifically the 1913 rail mount on their npap?  I bought one and installed it per the instructions and video and have run into an issue.  Want to know if anyone has used an Attero mount successfully on their npap or have had any issues.

I emailed Jesse at [email protected] with a description of my problem and some pics.  Waiting to hear back.  Just looking for anyone who has used one or had probs with one.

What's wrong with this picture

Edit - it is not contacting the top cover.  Can remove and install cover with no contact.  Just mount base in contact with rear sight base.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say that the pin that holds the sight to the sight block is too large diameter to go up into the smaller hole that the iron sight rests in.  Does this base rely on the sight spring to provide some spring tension to keep it down?  If so, I would say the manufacturer needs to change the pin diameter to be the same as the sight.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would say that the pin that holds the sight to the sight block is too large diameter to go up into the smaller hole that the iron sight rests in.
View Quote

That'd be my initial guess, as well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
After emailing with them and getting their measurements, then taking a caliper to the mount and the sight base on my rifle, it turns out the sight is ~ .004 too wide where it is supposed to lay in the sight channel.  

The pin is all good and the leaf spring is not used.  The rail screws into a nut that fits in the leaf spring notch.  Attero said they will make it right.  

I could fix it myself with a hand file but it won't look as nicely finished.  

Thanks for the responses.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top