Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2015 4:11:04 PM EDT
I had a tough time coming up with a decent title for this topic. I have just purchased a N-PAP AK with wood stock. I know the sling mounts will be for a right handed shooter. Is there a way to convert them for a left handed shooter without changing out the wood hand guards and stock? I want to keep the gun as stock as possible.

If not, what solutions are available? Are there any tricks?
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The NPAP doesn't have a rear sling mount, so this makes things easier from the get go. Check here for some ideas. You're stuck with the front mount, but that doesn't mean you're stuck with using it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Off topic. I understand you are lefty and its easier too you to shoot with left hand. Back in Yugoslavia army or JNA every lefty soldier was right hand shooter. Simple as that.
My wife is lefty but she shoot with right hand
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I am right handed but shoot lefty due to a vision problem in my right eye. It looks like on my M77 if I were to remove the gas block, I could "turn" the front sling mount to the other side. Either way though, i hate the side of the barrel location, it makes the gun clock over when I sling up tight..
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Off topic. I understand you are lefty and its easier too you to shoot with left hand. Back in Yugoslavia army or JNA every lefty soldier was right hand shooter. Simple as that.
My wife is lefty but she shoot with right hand
View Quote

Well I guess everyone in the Yugoslavian army had good right eyes. But I for one do not. I am actually right handed, but because of my eye i have to shoot left. I shoot right handed with handgun, but left with rifle and shotgun. I might try to feed the sling between the barrel and gas tube from the right side and see how that works. Otherwise, I'll get a barrel mounted sling swivel and mount it on the right.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top