Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/31/2014 10:57:37 PM EDT
I know you all have seen these questions a million times. I saw the thread showing how to install the side folding stock. I looked at the ace website. What I am confused about is whether a milled stock requires a different mounting plate or if is the same setup as a stamped where there is simply a bolt hole on the back of the receiver. Many people with the "npap" have a sidefolder but I dont see anyone with a milled m70 that has a sidefolder, which is making me questions whether they are the same

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#1]
While it is certainly true that milled and stamped M70 fixed stock rifles use the same stock, yours is an underfolder and uses a different rear trunnion than the fixed stock rifles.  Whole different animal in that regard.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I too am curious about this....

Love my Yugo....Hate the underfolder.  Would love to install a side folder

How?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I too am curious about this....

Love my Yugo....Hate the underfolder.  Would love to install a side folder

How?
View Quote

Dont hate underfolder, here is solution
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/171351/samson-cheek-rest-for-underfolder-ak-47-aluminum-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Underfolders get a bad rap for being uncomfortable to shoot.

They're honestly not that bad. All I've done to mine is wrap some 550 paracord to where my cheek rests. It covers the rough edges and takes care of any heat/cold issues from resting your cheek on bare metal. That and it doesn't interfere with the stock folding.

If you're set on using a side-folder, which is less comfortable than an underfolder IMHO, buy a WASR and put a side-folding stock on it. Much easier.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Another solution is the Echo93 UFCR.  Only issue you need to remove it to fold.  Easy to remove though, just squeeze and remove.

You can get them HERE
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Underfolders get a bad rap for being uncomfortable to shoot.

They're honestly not that bad. All I've done to mine is wrap some 550 paracord to where my cheek rests. It covers the rough edges and takes care of any heat/cold issues from resting your cheek on bare metal. That and it doesn't interfere with the stock folding.

If you're set on using a side-folder, which is less comfortable than an underfolder IMHO, buy a WASR and put a side-folding stock on it. Much easier.
View Quote

That's what I did too...Works great..!
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top