Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2014 5:11:09 PM EDT
Was at my local dealer today, he was on the phone with his supplier at the time.  I heard her say the NPAP's were discontinued.  Anybody else know of this? Is it true?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I can neither confirm nor deny, but I just purchased mine at Scottsdale Gun Club a couple of weeks before Christmas. They had 2 left. I was back this past weekend, and they have none in stock or on the shelf... which means they sold someone the display model that had wonky sights...
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Considering how well they've been selling, if they are discontinuing them then more than likely they're going to replace it with something else.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:16:42 AM EDT
[#3]
They'd have to be mentally retarded to replace it with something else since they DID sell so well!
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#4]
She did say no more were allocated.....I agree on the replacement, but what would they bring in?
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I think more likely than not they're just being manufactured and/or imported in large batches and there is a considerable lag between shipments. We've seen this with imported ammo. If the NPAP were in its dying stages, I'm not sure what they would replace it with, given Zastava's current line-up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think more likely than not they're just being manufactured and/or imported in large batches and there is a considerable lag between shipments. We've seen this with imported ammo. If the NPAP were in its dying stages, I'm not sure what they would replace it with, given Zastava's current line-up.
View Quote

I hope the n-pap is in its dying stages. Bring back the O-PAP.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#7]

I hope the n-pap is in its dying stages. Bring back the O-PAP.

Why is that?
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#8]
The O-PAP uses a thicker receiver 1.5mm vs 1mm on N-PAP.
And RPK machine gun trunnion vs AKM trunnion.
Also has a thicker and heavier barrel.
Because of these things O-PAP is more durable and accurate.

There is also difference in the furniture.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've heard this on the Internet for years but not one shred of evidence to support that statement.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just my opinion.
I used M70 B1 and AB2 in the army for 4 years, after that I tried PAP, just PAP here in Serbia, no O or N.
Donno, felt more controllable, especially B1, underfolder on AB2 SUCKS.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:45:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I have an OPAP and an AB2 and while I like the bulged trunnion and thick receiver from a uniqueness and historical perspective I don't feel they are any more durable or accurate than my NPAP. And as far as the barrel, I beleive the NPAP and OPAP both use the same heavy barrel.

Since Century has stated they won't import the M21, I highly doubt the NPAP is going anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have an OPAP and an AB2 and while I like the bulged trunnion and thick receiver from a uniqueness and historical perspective I don't feel they are any more durable or accurate than my NPAP. And as far as the barrel, I beleive the NPAP and OPAP both use the same heavy barrel.

Since Century has stated they won't import the M21, I highly doubt the NPAP is going anywhere.
View Quote

The both use the same barrel. The only actual difference between the two are the heavier receiver and trunion, other than that they're the same. There is no proof the Opap is any more accurate than the Npap whatsoever, and all reliable testing and comparisons between the two have shown no noticeable differences other than the Opap being almost a pound heavier.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:42:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Was at my local dealer today, he was on the phone with his supplier at the time.  I heard her say the NPAP's were discontinued.  Anybody else know of this? Is it true?
View Quote

The regular NPAP's are still around but the M92 pistol and NPAP Underfolder are sold out everywhere that use to have them. I hope they are just waiting on more to come in.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#14]
They're not done, but Century has upped their wholesale price for import rifles across the board. Word on the 'files (take it for what it's worth) is that the aes-10b, mini-Draco, and Micro-Draco are going away. The regular Draco is coming back. So, mixed news for Romy fans.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The regular NPAP's are still around but the M92 pistol and NPAP Underfolder are sold out everywhere that use to have them. I hope they are just waiting on more to come in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I went to my LGS the other day and they had an M92 for $1200.

I got home and tried to look for them online, but they were sold out everywhere.. Not sure if the inflated price was just regular LGS BS pricing or if they knew something I didn't.

I'm sure they'll be back, but I'm glad I got my NPAP DF when they were everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#16]
My npap df is at my ffl waiting for me to pick it up tomorrow. Glad I picked it up when I did.  Several of the fixed stocks floating around but the folders have dried up.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My npap df is at my ffl waiting for me to pick it up tomorrow. Glad I picked it up when I did.  Several of the fixed stocks floating around but the folders have dried up.
View Quote

I ordered a fixed stock. Can't wait to get it!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#18]
They are a solid bargain in the ak world.  Only read one bad thread about them, it was from modified rifles.  With that said, even if you're not an ak lover you should buy one!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Any idea what would replace it?  I like mine so much that I bought a 2nd just to have one to play w/ in the future.
Aside from the stock configuration; which is EASILY re-profiled to work w/ both the irons and optics, it is absolutely
the best quality AK platform rifle I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#20]
PAP pistols are back in stock at J&G and Atlantic for the time being.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:06:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Other than just your opinion how do you justify that statement? What verifiable proof do you have that just because the O-PAP has the features you list its more durable or accurate than the N-PAP. Where is the test results.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Other than just your opinion how do you justify that statement? What verifiable proof do you have that just because the O-PAP has the features you list its more durable or accurate than the N-PAP. Where is the test results.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are made heavier for very specific reasons.
PSL- larger caliber, less flex, RPK - sustained fire, M70 - grenade launching. The added trunion and reciever beef had the benefit that equates to less flex and whip much like a heavy barrel on an M72. At least this is what the designers of these guns believed. Maybe they were wrong.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Picked up a new NPAP in January2016. They had plenty.

Stock is different now. No high comb and it now has a sling mount on the bottom of the butt stock. Came with new mags instead of BHO steel
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#24]
The Opap is done.

Npap with new wood appears to be the latest Zastava bread winner.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Picked up a new NPAP in January2016. They had plenty.

Stock is different now. No high comb and it now has a sling mount on the bottom of the butt stock. Came with new mags instead of BHO steel
View Quote

Are the new mags Tapco or something else?
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#26]
HOLY NECROPOST!!!

They're probably confusing the N-PAP with the O-PAP.

O-PAP is done.

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top