Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 9:32:28 PM EDT
Just picked up my first ak yesterday. I'm a bit confused whether or not my NPAP has a chrome lined barrel. From what I read some do and some don't. How can I check?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#1]
It doesn't. Yugoslavs, now Serbs, don't chromeline their bores.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Some have been saying that their bolt carriers are chromed in reviews as well.  They are bare steel and not chromed either.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
All kinds of bad info out there these days.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#4]
So if I'd picked up a 10/63 like I originally intended I'd have gotten a chrome lined barrel?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:57:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So if I'd picked up a 10/63 like I originally intended I'd have gotten a chrome lined barrel?
View Quote

Yup.  It pays to do your research prior to buying.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup, and a WASR would've been a better buy as it uses traditional furniture too.  You blew it on this one fella
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#7]
All jokes aside, chrome lining, or the lack thereof, just isn't an issue for a semi-auto rifle firing commercial 7.62 in 2014. M67 is the only corrosive ammo you're likely to find in this caliber and even with chrome-lined barrels you're going to want to clean your rifle immediately after firing it. Your NPAP's barrel is CHF so durability isn't going to be an issue. Unless you abuse your rifle with endless mag dumps you're NPAP barrel will will last you a very long time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:40:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the good info yall. The N-PAP does feel great in my hands and I can't wait to get it to the range.

My FFL does have access to 10/63s but didn't have any in stock and that's why I bought the N-PAP.  I got it for a good price I think (600 otd) and thus far am satisfied.

Should I try to unload the one I have to prepay on a 10/63? Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks again guys.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't believe all you read here partner. I got one a few months ago and didn't cost more than the others. Yes it is brand new. Mine has EXCELLENT accuracy with Golden Bear, Silver Bear  and I just tried Brown Bear ammo. Don't get rid of it, it WILL out shoot the others!!!!!!!!!
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top