Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2014 1:05:29 PM EDT
Ive just picked up a Century Arms Yugo M70AB2T Sporter under folder. Does anyone have any info/ opinions about the barrels Century puts on these? Also, Why do they deactivate the night sights? Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
In the past, Century has used Green Mountain as their barrel supplier, not sure if that is still the case today.  Green Mountain generally has a good rep as a barrel manufacturer.

Century does not deactivate the night sights, the tritium or phosphorescent paint (depending on the sight type) dies a natural death over time.  Some still work, my Century M70B1 still has tritium that actually glows pretty well yet.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive always heard good things about Green Mountain. As for the sights, the pots on mine are completely empty. I read somewhere that the sights are deactivated but there was no reason or process given. Does anyone know of a way to "reactivate" them? Id sure like to save the $$.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does anyone know of a way to "reactivate" them? Id sure like to save the $$.
View Quote

Save myself some typing:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/155196_When_rebuilding_Yugo_night_sights_for_the_AK_how_do_you_remove_the_old_vials_.html

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the input LiquidMetal!
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top