Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2014 3:04:05 PM EDT
Picked up my opap a few days ago and I love it so far but I noticed that mine has the npap type sights on it and does not have the places for the night sights. Just wondering if this is something new they ate doing or what. Was hoping I could attach a pic but I do not see the option to do so without a url. Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Trying to add photos....very frustrating.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trying to add photos....very frustrating.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#3]
First OPAP has night sight cut outs.  Second OPAP does not. Hardly an "issue" with the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks alot for the info, was not aware of that. Of course it does not affect the rifles function at all... It is however an "issue" regardless of how minor in my opinion as I was planning on adding night sights and all the others Ive seen had the cutouts for them and was told mine would too. If I ordered a glock that was suppose to have night sights and it didnt, itd be an issue. Same concept here imo. Certainly not a deal breaker or anything, I love the rifle. Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you have a link or anything where I could maybe see what else is different (if anything) between mine and the others? And thank you Johnny for the pics.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked mine up last week, ordered from Buds, no night sights.  I wish it did have them but I am still happy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#7]
That's disappointing. I just bought an OPAP to build an m70 clone, thinking all I needed to do was replace the gas block. I guess (assuming mine will be like yours) I'll need a new FSB and rear sight leaf too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't have nightsights either and I picked up mine last year when they were 600$

Mine did come without NPAP parts and with OPAP certificate

I am not sure why there isn't a nade launcher gas block and nightsights, since right now CAI m70 clones are actually more genuine then this. Only thing this has is the buldged trunnion.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I am not sure why there isn't a nade launcher gas block and nightsights, since right now CAI m70 clones are actually more genuine then this. Only thing this has is the buldged trunnion.
View Quote

Because they're imported as sporter rifles, so no military goodies, whereas Century's m70s are imported as parts kits. Nevertheless I had hoped the OPAP's sights would have allowed the addition of surplus nights sights.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's disappointing. I just bought an OPAP to build an m70 clone, thinking all I needed to do was replace the gas block. I guess (assuming mine will be like yours) I'll need a new FSB and rear sight leaf too.
View Quote

Judging from all reports of the latest batch from CTD and Buds, the 8xxx serial number range OPaps came with NPap front/rear sights. If you want an M70 FSB, PM me. I have one for $20 shipped.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#11]
the o-pap i got from ctd had n-pap rear sights, didn't look at the front sight
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine is in the low 6000s.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Dferg...why did you have to post those pictures when Ive made it obvious that Im dissapointed with not having night sights. I do have feelings man. Lol, looks great!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dferg...why did you have to post those pictures when Ive made it obvious that Im dissapointed with not having night sights. I do have feelings man. Lol, looks great!
View Quote

Opps! Sorry. I can be insensitive at times. If it makes you feel better, my NPAP doesn't have them.

If I were you, I would consider get a night sight rear sightleaf from the EE, Apex, or elsewhere and go with a drop in night sight front post.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:25:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't have nightsights either and I picked up mine last year when they were 600$

Mine did come without NPAP parts and with OPAP certificate

View Quote

not true !! o-pap is a pretty close reproduction of an M70-B3....
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top