Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/15/2014 8:13:53 PM EDT
Hello.

I have an N-PAP which I bought knowing that its parts were not fully interchangeable with other AK variants.

As an example, its bolt carrier, receiver cover and the gas tube are longer than "normal" and the butt stock uses a different mounting system.

Evidently presenting a challenge for us looking for parts for upgrades.

Still, I am interested in knowing if this case is exclusive to the N-PAP or if it shares some commonality on those parts with the O-PAP's and / or the Zastavas M70's.

I am looking specifically for an additional bolt carrier and receiver cover and would like to know if I could consider those from a O-PAP and or a M70. Or maybe another AK?

Any information on this subject will be most  appreciated.

Thanks!

Cala
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If you look at the M70's, on Apexgunparts site, most of the stuff there will interchange.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#2]
HGs are different. Not all AK grips fit on the Yugo. Yugo's use a heavier barrel. Rear trunnion is special.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't buy an Npap or any M70 if I planned to upgrade it, because as you mentioned, you limited with what you can do.  Everything on a Opap or an M70 kit will interchange with a Npap except the front trunnion.  Same topcover, and bolt/carrier.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you Achmech1. Excellent information. Exactly what I needed and looking for. Thank you again. Best, Cala
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top