Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2014 3:48:50 PM EDT
So I picked up an m92 and the rear sight is canted. Doesn't look like the front trunnion is canted just the sight itself was welded on canted to the right. So what I've gathered from reading threads on various forums is that it may be hit or pulled over with the gun vised down. Is this correct? I've tried using an adjustable wrench with the gun vised and with the top cover clamped down but it seems to not be budging. Am I not using enough force? I can pull it to where it looks canted to the left but then when I release pressure it just goes back in place. I've seen that you can grind the weld off and re-weld it straight but I am not equipped or skilled enough for that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you fired it yet?  Always shoot the canted guns before jacking with the sights....results can be surprising sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't fired it but did laser boresight it and it was not zeroed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've tried using an adjustable wrench with the gun vised and with the top cover clamped down but it seems to not be budging.

Am I not using enough force? I can pull it to where it looks canted to the left but then when I release pressure it just goes back in place.
View Quote

I don't want you to break anything, but on my Yugo O-PAP, I needed a good amount of force until the sight ladder was aligned with the gun.

It's been perfect ever since.

Ron,
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#4]
It might be the sight leaf itself that is canted. I had a new NPAP that had a severely canted sight leaf. Look at the black line that runs down the middle of the sight leaf. Is it perfectly straight from the tip to the bottom? Or does the line curve to the right?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#5]
This is a photo I found on the internet, but this is what my rear sight ladder looked like.

It was straightened by me placing a side-load on it with a wrench ...

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag388/Flashlight10/npap_zpse82ff0b3.jpg

This is the sight leaf on my npap. If you follow the black line running down the middle from the top you will see that the sight leaf itself is bent to the right.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#7]
That's true ... never seen one like that before.

Well, the ladder (or whatever you want to call it) still needs to be straightened since it's obviously way too far to the right on the rear of it.

I would think about just replacing the ladder altogether.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#8]
What I'm trying to say is the ladder itself is bent. It appears to be put on straight because the top is aligned but the ladder itself is bent and must be replaced on my particular npap. You wouldn't be able to straighten it since it is one piece.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Turbo, my Npap sight is bent to the right like yours.  By taking a wrench and bending it to the left, what gave?  Did the sight ladder bend, or did you bend the pegs or something else?  Funny I've seen pictures of several sights off to the right but none to the left.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Tex .... The actual ladder never bent ... I guess the 2 little pegs bent slightly.

Now it looks like nothing was ever wrong with it previously. Looks perfectly normal now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for letting me know.  I tried to redrill the holes and use JB Weld to take up the extra space and it didn't work well.  I'll try the wrench now!
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 2:51:21 AM EDT
[#12]
What's the wrench method? My O-Pap rear sight is canted to the right like those pictured. I replaced the rear sight leaf with an M70 unit, I would also like to fix the sight leaf that came with the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow, thankfully my old O-Pap didn't have that problem. Anyways I'm actually referring to the m92 pistol rear sight not a standard leaf rear.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#14]
USN it sounds like the wrench method is grab the rear sight with a wrench (vise grip) and pull it so far to the other side that it bends it enough to straighten out the cant.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Yup ... and it works good
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top