Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/19/2014 10:27:05 PM EDT
I've got a fake can extension on order. My plan is to have a local smith pin and weld the fake can for a 16" overall length. I also will have the appropriate # of parts for 922 compliance installed.  Eventually I will EFile a Fom 1  and SBR the rifle.

I prefer the Suchka look, so I want a triangle folder, BUT want to avoid a complete rebuild of the rear trunion. Drilling a couple of holes is well within my skill set.  

My first thought was to go with the ACE push button, but now I see that Bonesteel has a pretty nice setup too (can't tell if it will work for what I need). And if I'm reading CNCWarriors site correctly, they offer a drilling jig that will line the holes up properly for the Bonesteel.

So... Anyone know if the Bonesteel will work for the PAPM92 PV pistol? Without a major rebuild?  Any better choices?  

Update:  went with CNCWarrior/Bonesteel LH folding mech specifically designed for M92s.  (Got their last one)
CNCWarrior modular folder

Folding stock will be
Manticore Arms

Not my gun of pic. Looked exactly the same though.

Extension is in. Will be pinned on Monday. I did the handguard with some sanding, some RIT scarlet (dissolved in alcohol), some minwax red mahogany, minwax satin polyurethane. I might strip off the poly and red apply the RIT scarlet. Looks good, but I wanted it slightly redder.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
FYI, just got off phone with CNCWarrior and they're about to release a right sided folder specifically designed for the PAPM92. Supposed to be on their website within the next day or so.

The very kind lady who took my inane questions accidentally neglected to find out if the hinge will correct for the angle of the rear trunnion or not.  She's supposed to update me when she finds out.

Update

It WILL correct for the angle. Looks like I'll have a right side triangle folder!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like it'll work

But you are aware of the Arm brace things, right?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like it'll work

But you are aware of the Arm brace things, right?
View Quote

Ya.  Not really interested though.

Very glad someone is giving BATFE the finger , but personally prefer a real solid stock.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Snagged the last CNCWarrior LH folder.  Also grabbed a Manticore Arms triangle folder.

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top