Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/14/2014 4:32:02 AM EDT
I'm converting my two OPAP rifles into more correct looking M70 rifles.  I have the Gas Blocks with the flip-up grenade sights and an East German rear sling point... One of the OPAPs will have a fixed stock and the other, a folding stock.

Also, during this conversion, I will be removing the L/S scope rails and having the holes filled/repaired...  As for refinishing them, I'm hoping to have them re-blued.  If that's not possible, then a Duracoat type product finish that can mimic the current factory bluing finish... Within reason.

Anyway, the only items I'm missing are the Front and Rear Night Sights.  I've check with R-Guns and Apex, but they do not stock any Yugo/Serb night sights at this point.  With that being said, I was wondering if any members here might know of a place there I can find two sets...  New would be nice, but I'm very open to used sets, as long as they look new or like-new.

Thanks for any advice and/or leads!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I was looking for the night sights myself. I decided to just order an RPK kit  (a little cheaper) from Apex and have some spare parts left over.
Edit: I just needed the front night sight and spring metal. If you need the rear too you'll have to get a rifle kit.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm surprised Apex doesn't have any, I'm sure I've seen them there in the not-too-distant past. Have you tried desert fox?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:58:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Theres a guy in the ee here that has rpk parts. I know he has the correct rear sling loops. I think he has front sight towers too. Worth checking. I think his name is valleyrat.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Axe has them but you must buy the whole front sight block and rear.  Night sights are easy to swap or install. I've personally bought 3 sets of the them and I always specify in the comments I let them know I want the tritium versions. If not you might get the green painted dot version, then I go to akfiles and buy the tritium to install into the sights.

Back

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top