Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/2/2014 3:38:35 PM EDT
I finally got my new Npap underfolder today and really like it. Hope to take it to the range tomorrow. Mags fit nice and tight. The safety lever is a bit tight, not sure if just some lube and working it will loosen it up or if it needs a slight bend to it. I am very impressed with the look and feel of the gun. Just need a simple sling, a  few more mags, and some free time...
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the NPAP. I have been without an AK for a few years now and have the bug for one and I am leaning toward the NPAP because I want an economical underfolder to keep in the truck. Can't wait to hear your range report.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Buying one of the underfolders in the next month. Super pumped, all the reviews have been good. Don't care if I even like the folder, I love the look of these rifles
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't care if I even like the folder, I love the look of these rifles
View Quote

That's pretty much where I'm at.  I own 3 underfolders and am not particularly fond of shooting an underfolder in the first place.  They're just too cool, gotta have at least one based on that alone.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
To relieve some of the tension with the safety selector, do NOT bend anything.  Here's what I did based on someone else's suggestion.

1.  Take off the top cover, spring, and bolt carrier.

2.  Lift the safety selector past the safety

3.  You'll notice a little knob.  Take a sand paper or a hand file and very lightly grind down the nub.  Check often.  You cannot add material back.

I filed mine just enough to where I can operate the safety with one finger with a little resistance.  Beforehand, I had to slightly pull out the selector to operate it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Cleaned the whole gun before taking it out and things loosened up nicely including the bolt, safety, and folding stock. Only burned 30 rounds out of tapco and pmags and worked great. I do think I will try a bit of sand paper on the safety portion with the little knob. I wrapped a piece of paracord on the stock and it wasn't too bad. I forgot my ears so I didn't want to shoot too much. Already looking forward to my next ak purchase with a fixed stock...
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd suggest getting a surplus Yugo sling for the NPAP DF.  Using it as a shooting aide makes the stock feel even more comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, certainly in need of a sling and more ammo.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I couldnt pass these up, so I got one a few days ago.  Boy, they are nice and tight.  I had heard reports of century leaving metal filings inside the gas tube and receiver etc, but mine was pretty clean.  These are a bargain right now at around $550 or so...maybe need to get another...must resist temptation.  I am still kicking myself for not getting an AB2 underfolder when they first started showing up at AIM Surplus at about the same price or lower.  I think they M70 I had a few years back I paid $460 for.  NEVER sell an AK, you will regret it later...

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top