Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2014 4:40:40 PM EDT
ok got my npap in and took it apart to give it a once over and clean.....took a few min to figure out to push the little button on the side to be able to push in the receiver cover button.

Now for the fun part, I cant get the *_)@*+@ cover back on, its not as easy as other models i've messed with and i cant seem to get it to snap in place.

I've tried pushing the side button down while installing and it hasnt helped, the few times i thought i was close the spring had actually come loose from its place and went back into the receiver (since the locking button was pressed in)

Anything i'm missing here or any trick?
I feel like a complete idiot here.

I noticed the cover has this lip that comes outward that seems to be hitting on the back end of the receiver, not sure if this is typical of yugos

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#1]
decided to work it a little with a vice grip and a towel and its certainly getting closer to popping in but just not quite enough for the button to come back through the hole.

It's definitely hitting the metal on the back of the receiver almost hitting the stock, and actually when i first pulled the cover off i got cut by a sliver of metal on the bottom edge.

and yes I am putting the front into the front trunion then lowering down....kind of frustrating for a new rifle, i may give up and buy a TWS for it
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the N-PAP system, as it's easier than most AK's.
With the cover off, push the side release button in, then push the recoil spring forward of the release pin. Then release the side button while the recoil spring anchor is ahead of it. This will keep the anchor well enough forward to install the cover freely on the rifle. Then all you have to do is hit the side button to release the recoil spring anchor into position. I've tried to do it by forcing the cover, the recoil spring, and side button all at once. Kind of a PITA.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude, just noticed the bottom of the cover in you lower photo. Yeah that looks like some pretty good riding condition there. How does it fit the rifle without the recoil spring in the gun?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dude, just noticed the bottom of the cover in you lower photo. Yeah that looks like some pretty good riding condition there. How does it fit the rifle without the recoil spring in the gun?
View Quote

That was the problem it would even fit without the spring in....after some  trial and error work with a vice grip I got it to fit.  I think this was a modified cover to begin with the front looks cut and grinded some

Might just get a new cover anyway for a cleaner look
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the N-PAP system, as it's easier than most AK's.
With the cover off, push the side release button in, then push the recoil spring forward of the release pin. Then release the side button while the recoil spring anchor is ahead of it. This will keep the anchor well enough forward to install the cover freely on the rifle. Then all you have to do is hit the side button to release the recoil spring anchor into position. I've tried to do it by forcing the cover, the recoil spring, and side button all at once. Kind of a PITA.
View Quote

This works great...thanks!
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top