Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/29/2014 11:37:40 PM EDT
I have had my under folder for a while and have never felt like the gun lined up properly.  Upon further inspection i relized that the gas block was canted and that really bugged me.  This ak is probably my least used  and I figured why not see what I could do with it.  I had been looking at rifle dynamics mods and noticed that they are changing the front gas block to a venom tactical one piece gas block/front sight.  I figured, " what the hell" and went and bought a press and pushed of the front sight / gas block and ordered the combo piece from venom tactical.  I searched the web and have yet to see this done to a yugo m70ab2t so figured I would see how it turns out.   I'll post pics when the build is complete.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 1:20:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Been thinking about the same thing... Looking forward to seeing it!
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Will the Venom even fit the oversized Yugo barrel?
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Any update? Did it fit? Pictures?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:30:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for the delay.  Venom tactical is back ordered on the bolton block and not sure when I am going to receive it.  The challenge as previously mentioned is the barrel diameter on the m70.  It comes in at .680 while the inside diameter on the Bolton block is .591.  

This leaves me with a couple options:
*I could ream the block slightly to accommodate the larger barrel.
*i could press out the barrel and have it turned down ( I really don't want to do this)
*i could scratch the whole project.  

I am not sure how the guys a rifle dynamics do it but they do offer this same configuration on their site.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Try messaging SICARIO. He used one on a MAK90.

Because of him I went with the CSS HG on my mutilated AMD65.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure how to direct message him
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Changed the handguard?
a must do for rapid fire fiends like me
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top