Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/27/2014 10:59:37 PM EDT
Was in the market for an N-Pap and was told recently that the barrels on new N-Paps were have been used and some even shot out? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this subject and was hoping I could get a definitive answer after searching the internet with no luck. Any issues with barrel quality on new N-Paps at all? Also, they seem to be priced a little low ($529 from Atlantic Firearms) from what they were a year + ago, why is that? Any insight or feedback on N-pap barrel quality would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 1:14:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I think newbs have to answer newbs... Those are new barrels... not chrome lined, but new.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Was in the market for an N-Pap and was told recently that the barrels on new N-Paps were have been used and some even shot out? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this subject and was hoping I could get a definitive answer after searching the internet with no luck. Any issues with barrel quality on new N-Paps at all? Also, they seem to be priced a little low ($529 from Atlantic Firearms) from what they were a year + ago, why is that? Any insight or feedback on N-pap barrel quality would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
View Quote

Barrels are new- not chrome lined, but NEW.. Mine has no issues with canted sights,is dead on at the range, did a polishing job on the rails and bolt per Jim Fuller of Rifle Dynamics ( on YT) , loosened and modded the selector lever off the same vid. Lovin it!!

As far as price, the market goes up, the market goes down. Get 'em while you can.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
As stated, they are, in fact new barrels.  Though not CL you get a barrel that is hammer forged!
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:53:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome, thank you for the responses. Just put my order in
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome, thank you for the responses. Just put my order in
View Quote

Unless you plan on firing corrosive mil-surp shit ammo and never cleaning your rifle, having a CL barrel isn't a necessity
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#6]
You will be happy.  As others have stated, new hammer forged non chrome lined barrels.  Mine shoot very well.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top