Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2014 11:55:27 PM EDT
Atlantic's website shows that they have N-PAP Underfolders in stock.  Somehow, I was under the impression that they were still en route to the US.  Have any of you picked one up yet?
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Ost for info I've been eyeing them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen pics in other AK forums.

J&G Sales has them too.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Got mine Friday, the UF stock was slightly twisted and would not lock when folded. Easy fix by tweeking stock and cut a relief in the handguard like my M70AB2 handguard had. Magwell is good too. Very little metal shavings and no sharp edges. Pretty happy with it over all. Of course someone swapped out a factory mag with Tapco. My N-pap had 2 factory mags.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I got my N-PAP today and I couldn't be happier with it !!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Where did you get yours from? Atlantic, Classic or JG sales?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where did you get yours from? Atlantic, Classic or JG sales?
View Quote

I got mine from a friend that manages a gun store .....
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Just picked up an NPAP-DF from my FFL today.  Ordered it from Atlantic.  So far I'm very happy!

ETA

Took it to the range over the weekend.  I did swap on a Yugo grip from Apex.  Here's a pic with it's little Arsenal brother:

Ran great.  I'm going to wrap some 550 cord on the stock for a little nicer cheek weld.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Got my DF today.  The stock is rock solid and mags lock up tight.  CAI did a great job with this rifle.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't wait to get mine from atlantic.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Looking to purchase one of these, I think it is one of the best ak deals out there at the moment. Will surplus Yugo hand guards fit ? I would like to use a surplus set on it instead of refinishing the wood.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine came in Thursday. It is sweet. I am going to take it to the range next weekend.
I added a Ronin's Grips pistol grip and some Balkan Wars wood from Apex.

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mine came in Thursday. It is sweet. I am going to take it to the range next weekend.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/Dferg10/642D1A55-DBB0-4DA5-B3C3-87C6F1A9DE30_zpsge7modj0.jpg

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/Dferg10/DB90DF7F-45EB-4522-A7AF-73B7023641C1_zpsoez7rql0.jpg

View Quote

Very nice ! That is exactly the setup i want... How are the pistons installed on your rifles ? I saw a youtube video that they were improperly fitted.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Looking to purchase one of these, I think it is one of the best ak deals out there at the moment. Will surplus Yugo hand guards fit ? I would like to use a surplus set on it instead of refinishing the wood.
View Quote

Standard yugo handguards, so they'll fit.

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Very nice ! That is exactly the setup i want... How are the pistons installed on your rifles ? I saw a youtube video that they were improperly fitted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/Dferg10/642D1A55-DBB0-4DA5-B3C3-87C6F1A9DE30_zpsge7modj0.jpg

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/Dferg10/DB90DF7F-45EB-4522-A7AF-73B7023641C1_zpsoez7rql0.jpg

Thanks. The piston is as reported by others, with no wobble. I am not too concerned. I have some OPAPs and a M70ab2 that are the same and they run very well. If it causes a problem, it is easy to fix.
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 10:09:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I also got mine from Atlantic Firearms. Rifle was shipped next day and it's beautiful. Tight folding stock, no magazine wobble and no canted sights. Atlantic came through once again. Got a discount as well. Only thing I had to do is refinish the handguards. I cleaned it up with paint thinner, sanded it with 220 sandpaper and applied 7 coats of tung oil/varnish finish. It came out great. Now it looks so good I feel bad about shooting it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Reviving an old thread... I purchased one and should pick it up tomorrow. Will post pics! Also purchased an extra set of handguards from apex for $30 shipped. I hope I get a cool surplus set.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:37:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Got one due in Wednesday (tomorrow) looking forward to it. Atlantic's website says they are three to five days behind on shipping but ordered mine at 1130 on Friday and at 1245 they emailed a fedex tracking number now that's quick shipping!

Plan on refinishing the wood on mine myself need to read up on that.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:33:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Got mine yesterday afternoon. What an AK! Fit and finish is superb, I will never buy a kit gun again..under folder is very tight. There was metal shavings all over and in the barell, also very dirty and some kind of cosmoline grease. Not much wobble and no canted sights, receiver and rivets are top notch.
This is before I cleaned it up:

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:34:11 AM EDT
[#19]
With apex surplus handguards and all cleaned up!

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Not to hijack this thread, but I thought this'd be a good place to ask.  I saw that jgsales had one for $579, $10 more than atlantic, but came with 6 korean mags, instead of the 2 randoms from atlantic.  The shipping is $15 cheaper as well through JG.  Anyone have any first hand experience? Any reason to go atlantic over jg? Thanks!

Atlantic Link

JG Sales Link
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not to hijack this thread, but I thought this'd be a good place to ask.  I saw that jgsales had one for $579, $10 more than atlantic, but came with 6 korean mags, instead of the 2 randoms from atlantic.  The shipping is $15 cheaper as well through JG.  Anyone have any first hand experience? Any reason to go atlantic over jg? Thanks!

Atlantic Link

JG Sales Link
View Quote

Try to add the one from atlantic to the cart. Sold out.
And i wanted to do their layaway program:(
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Yeahh... I don't mind waiting for stock, but is there any benefit to Atlantic, because they are actually more expensive after shipping and everything.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeahh... I don't mind waiting for stock, but is there any benefit to Atlantic, because they are actually more expensive after shipping and everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You are paying for the absolute Gold Standard of Customer Service. If you have a problem with your order you won't have it for long. Atlantic goes above and beyond to make it right. And they do it without dragging their feet.  They actually QC the rifles prior to shipping so your chances of getting a canted up turd are slim.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You are paying for the absolute Gold Standard of Customer Service. If you have a problem with your order you won't have it for long. Atlantic goes above and beyond to make it right. And they do it without dragging their feet.  They actually QC the rifles prior to shipping so your chances of getting a canted up turd are slim.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Not to abuse this thread, but it's filled with people that have the same rifle as me.  The npap I got has a single stack bolt, is that the norm? Or does everyone have the double? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Put one on layaway at Atlantic.
$150 down, 6 weeks to pay off $430, plus transfer fee.
Will make a good brother to my m70ab2 :)

Edit: these dont have bayo lugs?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Edit: these dont have bayo lugs?
View Quote

None of my four PAPs came with a bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#28]
No bayonet lug, since it's a "sporter". Also to the precious poster - I have a double-stack bolt, as should all NPAPs currently being imported.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Double stack is only way I'd go...this way you can use AK mags.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Got mine from Atlantic a few days ago. I have one problem, the stock does not lock in the folded position. Everything else is great and I like it a lot. Shot it yesterday and it was flawless. Sights were perfect at 50 yards.
To bad it will have to go back to Atlantic for some repairs. I almost don't mind that it doesn't lock in the folded position, makes it much faster to open. I'm tempted to leave it that way, but it's not right.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Does anyone know what parts are US made on these rifles?
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:09:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Piston, FCG, pistol grip, slant break.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So does century do a decent job installing the piston - or are they still JB Welding them in?
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So does century do a decent job installing the piston - or are they still JB Welding them in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

mine is installed properly
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to hear! Can you post a picture? Any wiggle on the piston end?
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Mine is pinned and welded, but still wiggles as intended.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 12:27:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Mine is pinned and welded, but still wiggles as intended.
View Quote

Awesome that was what I was hoping to hear!!! Looks like I will need to buy one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Mine came with the welded piston, had to send it back because it caused the rifle to jam. They installed a new bolt carrier and piston that was properly pinned, now the rifle shoots like a charm and gets amazing groups at 100 yards. I highly recommend these under-folders, I think they are the best deal out there when it comes to AK's. I got mine for $600 shipped with a free drum!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#39]
I just ran into this NPAP under folder at E93's facebook page.  Pretty BA.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone know about that cheek piece on E93's AK?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Tankers go well with the uf
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anyone know about that cheek piece on E93's AK?
View Quote

They sell them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone have an issue with the stock nut being to tight and having the arms rub the receiver? Brand new and cycled the stock maybe 30 times.
http://s304.photobucket.com/user/modelbuilder56/media/DSC02776_zpsc6d1121a.jpg.html
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top