Thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:56:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It'll bolt right on.

http://s20.postimg.org/53b8zy9rx/M70_B1.jpg

View Quote

That looks like a sweet stock for an optics platform.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah,  but I'm probably not going to run optics on my NPAP.  Don't think I'm going this route.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#6]
For a lot of people, the M76 stock works with iron sights even better than the original M70-style stock.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:28:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For a lot of people, the M76 stock works with iron sights even better than the original M70-style stock.  
View Quote

I'm waiting on one for my O-PAP.  This is good to hear.

I suspect the OP and I saw the same ad.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I think this is an excellent Idea, the M70 stock can be painful or uncomfortable for some who like a tight cheekweld, I wish I knew about this option before I took sand paper to my M70 stock and completely sanded down the hump in it (it worked like a charm after the sanding, but the M76 stock looks better IMO)
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably, but I've decided I am going to make mine a side folder since I don't have one in my collection.  And yeah the factory stock is too long and uncomfortable for me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm  guessin'  real yugo  m76  stocks  have  moved  into  the  upper  stratosphere  so  far  as  price  goes .
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 7:25:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm  guessin'  real yugo  m76  stocks  have  moved  into  the  upper  stratosphere  so  far  as  price  goes .
View Quote

Not yet.
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It'll bolt right on.

View Quote

Liquidmetal i see that you have BelOMO scope. What side rail you using with that setup. MPK2 maybe ?
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I have M76 and M72 plus extra buttstocks for both. Looks like diameter or rear trunion is little bigger than on M76 receiver. But it wont be problem since long screw will keep stock tight enough so it wont move
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 7:03:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm tempted to pick one up. Is the cheek weld any better for shooting with the irons?  Is it more comfortable?
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'm tempted to pick one up. Is the cheek weld any better for shooting with the irons?  Is it more comfortable?
View Quote

I find the M76 stock to be excellent with the irons.  Definitely more comfortable than the original M70 stock in my book.

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 6:41:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey Liquid,

Got one coming. Any tips for fitting?
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:16:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Nobody has mentioned as to where everyone is buying these M76 stocks at .... Are they being ordered from Ironwood Designs, or from someplace else?

Looking at the photo below ... Are the upper and lower hand guards also from Ironwood Designs, or are these the original hand guards that came with the gun?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nobody has mentioned as to where everyone is buying these M76 stocks at .... Are they being ordered from Ironwood Designs, or from someplace else?

Looking at the photo below ... Are the upper and lower hand guards also from Ironwood Designs, or are these the original hand guards that came with the gun?

Thanks,

View Quote

I bought a take-off from a guy on another board. If I had big $$$ I'd order from IWD and go all out on the options. For now I gotta settle on surplus and a little physical labor to refinish it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:44:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I bought a take-off from a guy on another board. If I had big $$$ I'd order from IWD and go all out on the options. For now I gotta settle on surplus and a little physical labor to refinish it.
View Quote

Thanks ... You were lucky to find a take-off M76 stock. I am betting that there are not many like that to be found.

As for the photo that 'Liquidmetal' posted, maybe he can tell us where his M76 stock came from.

I looked at the Ironwood Designs webpage. I see that the M76 stock cannot be ordered separately ... If you order it as a 3-piece set, you also get the matching M76 upper and lower hand guards. My question is ... Will M76 hand guards even fit on a M70 (O-PAP)?

3-Piece Set Cost: $175 + $13 shipping = $188 (pricey)

Too bad they don't just sell the M76 stock by itself.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#20]
The M76 stock required no fitting on my M70, it bolted right on.  May not be true for all rifles due to variations from rifle to rifle.

I bought the stock from Assault Weapons of Ohio, they usually had them even if they were not listed on their website.  May or may not still be true today.

The handguards on that M70B1 in the pic are surplus handguards.  Both the M76 stock and handguards were refinished using Tung Oil by me.

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

My question is ... Will M76 hand guards even fit on a M70 (O-PAP)?

View Quote

They won't.

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks Liquidmetal ...

May I ask you what you paid for the surplus M76 buttstock by itself?
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They won't.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They won't.

Well, If you cant order an M76 buttstock from Ironwood Designs by itself, and there 3-piece set that includes the M76 handguards (that won't fit the M70) ... I guess buying from Ironwood is not the answer.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Thanks Liquidmetal ...

May I ask you what you paid for the surplus M76 buttstock by itself?
View Quote

It's been quite a while since I bought it, I think I paid around $35 for it.

Supply and demand can cause prices to fluctuate over time.

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's been quite a while since I bought it, I think I paid around $35 for it.

Supply and demand can cause prices to fluctuate over time.
View Quote

Thanks ... There is some guy on one of the other AK forums selling used M76 buttstocks (with mount bolt and pad) for $70 + shipping

A little steep if you ask me, but I am no price expert about any of this.

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Mine was complete with the mounting bolt and butt pad as well.

The market will set the price.  If that guy manages to sell those stocks at $70 a piece, then they probably weren't overpriced for the times.  Otherwise he'll end up sitting on them.

E-mail AWO and see if they have any to sell.    http://www.assaultweaponsofohiollc.com/
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks !
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Well, If you cant order an M76 buttstock from Ironwood Designs by itself, and there 3-piece set that includes the M76 handguards (that won't fit the M70) ... I guess buying from Ironwood is not the answer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They won't.

A bit of searching on IWDs website and they DO sell the M76 by its lonesome. $105+13 without any options.  Well once they start taking orders again.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 3:48:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

A bit of searching on IWDs website and they DO sell the M76 by its lonesome. $105+13 without any options.  Well once they start taking orders again.
View Quote

I missed that on IWDs website ... thanks

I refinished my O-PAP furniture and I think it looks really nice now, but I am not real happy with the cheek weld on the stock, and I really don't like the original stock when using a scope. I am just thinking that a M76 stock [might] work better on the gun, but I'm not sure about anything right now.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I refinished my O-PAP furniture and I think it looks really nice now, but I am not real happy with the cheek weld on the stock, and I really don't like the original stock when using a scope. I am just thinking that a M76 stock [might] work better on the gun, but I'm not sure about anything right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine looks great too. Covered with a thin layer of cosmoline. I need free time to clean it up for a fitting before I refinish it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 7:39:47 AM EDT
[#31]
So I took an O-PAP out the other day and was noticing a fair amount of cheek slap. I prefer a tight cheekweld so it took me by suprise the first round down range, it caused my first shot to go off by a wide margin.

My question is does the M76 stock help with this or am I look at more of the same?

The cheek slap isn't a deal breaker just another thing I need to account for if I have to live with it.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top