AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 5:29:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your FFL has nothing to do with this gun except giving you a place to have the gun legally sent to from the retailor you bought it from. Your FFL is not going to allow you to not accept the gun, unless you just want him to keep it as a nice gift from you ... and he is not responsible to send the gun back to either your retailor or Century (you paid him just to accept the gun).

That leaves you with 2 options ... Send it back to the retailor you bought it from or to Century.

The problem is that most retailors don't want the gun once you purchase it if the problem is a warranty item ... they will tell you that you must send it direct to Century and have Century either fix the problem or send a replacement gun back to you (again, through your local FFL).

BTW ... If I had to send my gun to Century, I would talk to them first about them getting you a "UPS Pre-paid Return Shipping Label", so you don't have to pay for shipping back to Century. This shipping label can be sent to you by Century as an attachment in an email, so all you have to do is print it out, and attach it to the box before taking the box to a UPS store for shipping ... easy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read some reviews that they are receiving canted sights on these. Should I refuse it at the FFL if mine has it ?

Your FFL has nothing to do with this gun except giving you a place to have the gun legally sent to from the retailor you bought it from. Your FFL is not going to allow you to not accept the gun, unless you just want him to keep it as a nice gift from you ... and he is not responsible to send the gun back to either your retailor or Century (you paid him just to accept the gun).

That leaves you with 2 options ... Send it back to the retailor you bought it from or to Century.

The problem is that most retailors don't want the gun once you purchase it if the problem is a warranty item ... they will tell you that you must send it direct to Century and have Century either fix the problem or send a replacement gun back to you (again, through your local FFL).

BTW ... If I had to send my gun to Century, I would talk to them first about them getting you a "UPS Pre-paid Return Shipping Label", so you don't have to pay for shipping back to Century. This shipping label can be sent to you by Century as an attachment in an email, so all you have to do is print it out, and attach it to the box before taking the box to a UPS store for shipping ... easy

Most dealers. I had Atlantic Firearms go out if their way to assist me on warranty issues before. Top notch people.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 5:57:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read some reviews that they are receiving canted sights on these. Should I refuse it at the FFL if mine has it ?

According to Budsgunshop

Firearms - it is solely the customers responsibility to thoroughly inspect the firearm(s) at the FFL prior to accepting the transfer.  If there is a noticeable defect of any kind to the firearm, or associated case/contents, please simply refuse the transfer and we will arrange to have the firearm returned to us, at our expense, and issue the customer a full refund or replacement firearm if available.  If the customer accepts the transfer from the FFL, we can then only refer the customer to the manufacturer for warranty consideration.

Link Posted: 9/23/2013 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine came. Rifle was filthy. Metal shavings in barrel, gas tube and every nook n cranny. Even under the rear sight. Slight bit of FSB cant and mag wobble. Buttstock is poorly fitted to receiver. Wood is pretty rough. Sling loop is misshapen. Screws that attach buttpad are buggered.

Link Posted: 9/23/2013 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't ya just love the quality control these Serbians put into the guns they manufacture.

Thank the Lord there not making airliners, heart pacemakers, space shuttles or nuclear power plants !
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't ya just love the quality control these Serbians put into the guns they manufacture.

Thank the Lord there not making airliners, heart pacemakers, space shuttles or nuclear power plants !
View Quote

I have a Zastava made Whitworth safari rifle in 458WM. Beautiful rifle.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Happy with mine. and mine has the birdy

A slight cant on front sight.
Mags were not Yugo's so bolt closes.
shavings in the tube but nothing bad. stripped it, cleaned it, shot it, nothing came loose.

just a note no rear sling mount(knew about that), no bayonet lug (that was a surprise)

MJ
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#7]
BLO on wood. Ronin's Grips pistol grip added. Yugo night sights with new tritium tubes installed.

Link Posted: 10/9/2013 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got my OPAP in today, and I have to say that I'm pleased with it.  The magwell seems nicely cut, I cant see any cant to the front sight, etc.

Question though-  when I broke it down to clean it, I got everything apart with the exception of the gas tube.  The lever which you are supposed to flip to
pull the gas tube out won't move at all.  Any of you guys having any issues with this?
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just got my OPAP in today, and I have to say that I'm pleased with it.  The magwell seems nicely cut, I cant see any cant to the front sight, etc.

Question though-  when I broke it down to clean it, I got everything apart with the exception of the gas tube.  The lever which you are supposed to flip to
pull the gas tube out won't move at all.  Any of you guys having any issues with this?
View Quote

Use the slot on the side of a standard AK cleaning kit to move it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Ahhh, cool, thanks.   First AK learning experiences
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Got mine to the range today. Ran only 100 or so through it. Sights were on. No functioning issues. Pushed, pulled and tugged the mag to try yo induce a malfunction. No dice. Ran like a champ.

Yugo cheek slap? I ran into a door. I swear. I've been very clumsy lately. It was all my fault.

Link Posted: 10/10/2013 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#12]
2002 Superduty, I have a different AK that is very hard to open the gas block lever, I just use a piece a scrap wood and a mallet and bang it open and closed.  It is getting a little easier over time.  Haven't tried the trick with the cleaning kit but sounds good.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh by the way, just saw where Wideners is carrying O-paps now for $579.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone know what thread pitch is on the barrel? I'd like to add a comp as my slant brake is at about a 45 to the front sight
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Anyone know what thread pitch is on the barrel?
View Quote

M14x1 LH

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone know what thread pitch is on the barrel? I'd like to add a comp as my slant brake is at about a 45 to the front sight
View Quote

Supposed to be that way.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Supposed to be that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Supposed to be that way.

By 45 I mean the slant is cut to the right rather than forward (top to bottom)
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Supposed to be that way.

You mean angled about 2 O'clock so that it pushes the muzzle down and to the left?

It was designed that way for a right handed shooter.

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Yup- that's a much better way to put it- at about 2 o'clock.
I didn't realize that was intentional to compensate for right handed shooters. Thanks for the info! I learn something new every day.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Do these have a bayonet lug? If not, where can the proper gas block be purchased?

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
AIM has these now for $529.95 w/two mags.
View Quote

I think I've reached my tipping point.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Only 16 left.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Sold out now
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:55:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do these have a bayonet lug? If not, where can the proper gas block be purchased?

Anyone

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Anyone

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_71/products_id/862
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:53:23 AM EDT
[#28]

Yuck.  That is what has prevented me from ordering a Yugo for so long.  I hate that gas block.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:16:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Because of the grenade sight?  You might be able to remove it. Or have a talented gunsmith weld and file shape a lug on the existing gas block.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:25:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Because of the grenade sight?  You might be able to remove it. Or have a talented gunsmith weld and file shape a lug on the existing gas block.
View Quote
I dont like the sight on it or the shape. To me it is super ugly.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got my credit card, pulled up the AIM web site, and they are sold out. Alas, I will remain an AR guy a while longer.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

I picked up mine from my FFL this afternoon.  I was a little dissapointed one of the two mags was a Tapco.  Otherwise it looked good and was as others here have described.  I'll clean it up tomorrow and see how it shoots.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2013 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I picked up mine from my FFL this afternoon.  I was a little dissapointed one of the two mags was a Tapco.  Otherwise it looked good and was as others here have described.  I'll clean it up tomorrow and see how it shoots.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck. They are sending Tapcos? Mine is supposed to arrive Monday. Wish me luck.

Link Posted: 11/1/2013 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#34]
I am STILL waiting on my OPAP to arrive from Century after I returned my PAP.  They accidentally sent me another PAP instead of the OPAP.  I bet I will receive it in the next week or two.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Would anyone mind listing what the factory 922r parts are?
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#36]
3 parts with the trigger group
1 on the pistol grip
1 on the slant break
1 on the gas piston

Curious if anyone has removed the scope mount and installed a sling swivel on the receiver?
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 6:17:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Curious if anyone has removed the scope mount and installed a sling swivel on the receiver?
View Quote

Instead of removing the side optics mount on your Yugo in order to install a sling swivel to the receiver, why not just install something like one of these rear sling mounts that attach under your pistol grip (easy install):

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 2:38:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Turbo those look nice and I like easy install.  Putting a swivel on the stock is easy too and cheap, $5-8, but the original Yugos had it on the receiver so would like to get as close to original as possible..
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top