User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I took possession of a NPAP from J&G yesterday and can confirm that the newer NPAP's are using the correct trunnion and double stack bolt unlike the Gen 1's which had a milled out front trunnion and single stack bolt.

I ran a few mags through it yesterday with no problems. I had no problems getting 1.5" groups at 25 yards off the bench with Wolf ammo

My only complaint is the cheek slap from the high comb stock and the safety is so tight it requires two hands to move it.

There is minimal mag wobble and the front sight was not canted. In fact I did not have to adjust the sights at all

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But the N isn't a Gen-3 with RPK reciever & trunion, double stack from the start

I took possession of a NPAP from J&G yesterday and can confirm that the newer NPAP's are using the correct trunnion and double stack bolt unlike the Gen 1's which had a milled out front trunnion and single stack bolt.

I ran a few mags through it yesterday with no problems. I had no problems getting 1.5" groups at 25 yards off the bench with Wolf ammo

My only complaint is the cheek slap from the high comb stock and the safety is so tight it requires two hands to move it.

There is minimal mag wobble and the front sight was not canted. In fact I did not have to adjust the sights at all

Some of the 1st N's were converted single's, until they got flushed out (by sales)

But the O's are RPK reciever & trunnion, with heavy barrel.

the bolt is real sticky on mine, it should smooth itself out.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Some of the 1st N's were converted single's, until they got flushed out (by sales)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But the N isn't a Gen-3 with RPK reciever & trunion, double stack from the start

Do you have the OPAP or NPAP?

The bolt tries to stick half way back in my NPAP.  After putting a couple of mags through it,  it has smoothed out considerably.

From what I hear, the 1st gen NPAP's had 1mm receivers.  My NPAP appears to have a 1.5 mm receiver.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I have O-PAP 1.6mm RPK reciever, if yours is thick it has to be 1.6mm I would think.

Bolt gets sticky at the rear.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ohh Hi again. Thanks for recommendation in the other thread. I did some further research and found out about the PAP vs N-PAP vs O-PAP, and a lot pf people seem to agree on the O-PAP. Granted J&G is sold out, but at Budsgunshop its not advertised as an O-PAP, bit simply "Yugo AK47 wood stock" for $$581 shipped..Slightly more, but I think it's still a great price.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just ordered my first AK47 O-PAP from Buds. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

I knew you couldn't resist

Ohh Hi again. Thanks for recommendation in the other thread. I did some further research and found out about the PAP vs N-PAP vs O-PAP, and a lot pf people seem to agree on the O-PAP. Granted J&G is sold out, but at Budsgunshop its not advertised as an O-PAP, bit simply "Yugo AK47 wood stock" for $$581 shipped..Slightly more, but I think it's still a great price.

$581 is a great price.  They were going for $650-700 before the panic

You will love it.  The OPAP is a better rifle since it has the RPK receiver and bulged trunnion.  It is pretty heavy though because of that.

The NPAP is my first AK and I really like it.  So much so that I'm looking for an Arsenal SLR 107 to accompany it
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:33:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Yahoo, I drove up to J&G and picked up my CAI NPAP M70C AKM47.  It's not the wood stock but has the adjustable polymere stock.  Very nice looking.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this model and suggestions on where I can get a Yugo specific qual rail?
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#7]
It's not the wood stock but has the adjustable polymere stock
View Quote

pics of this model?

eta: i just went to J&G and looked
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

suggestions on where I can get a Yugo specific quad rail?
View Quote

MI offers one:  http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1029

Grenade sight comment in the link doesn't apply to yours obviously.

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just ordered my first AK47 O-PAP from Buds. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

I knew you couldn't resist

The description on Buds does say O-PAP.
Buds OPAP
I put one on layaway.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey guys ! First time poster and I'm happy to tell you this post answered enough of my questions that I decided that M70 OPAP was the AK for me. It's gonna be my first one. I'm thinking I should get the one with the proper double stack bolt but I assume there are no guarantees, is that right ? I decided on this rifle for a few reasons. The price if obviously right. I love the look of it, says classic AK to me. The thicker receiver, I really liked the idea of that. Basically it looked to be a solid rifle for a first time owner with limited issues. I also don't plan on changing the look of it very much. I was hoping to replace the sights with some aftermarket night sights and add a sling and that would be it. I don't see much in the way of aftermarket accessories for it anyway. I was hoping you guys could point me in the direction towards the best places to look for replacement parts for this rifle that would require a minimum of knowledge. This is my first AK and I'm not gonna be comfortable taking a drill or dremel to it. I haven't been able to come up with much browsing around the web. I want this to be my serious SHTF rifle, the one with the least amount of breakable parts and no batteries required to drop someone or something at distance. So I plan to keep the changes to a minimum.

If any of you guys have the OPAP, could you possibly post a pic of the rail that is installed from the factory ? Is it terrible ? I'm pretty curious about it. Where is it on the newer rifles ?
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Hey guys ! First time poster and I'm happy to tell you this post answered enough of my questions that I decided that M70 OPAP was the AK for me. It's gonna be my first one. I'm thinking I should get the one with the proper double stack bolt but I assume there are no guarantees, is that right ? I decided on this rifle for a few reasons. The price if obviously right. I love the look of it, says classic AK to me. The thicker receiver, I really liked the idea of that. Basically it looked to be a solid rifle for a first time owner with limited issues. I also don't plan on changing the look of it very much. I was hoping to replace the sights with some aftermarket night sights and add a sling and that would be it. I don't see much in the way of aftermarket accessories for it anyway. I was hoping you guys could point me in the direction towards the best places to look for replacement parts for this rifle that would require a minimum of knowledge. This is my first AK and I'm not gonna be comfortable taking a drill or dremel to it. I haven't been able to come up with much browsing around the web. I want this to be my serious SHTF rifle, the one with the least amount of breakable parts and no batteries required to drop someone or something at distance. So I plan to keep the changes to a minimum.

If any of you guys have the OPAP, could you possibly post a pic of the rail that is installed from the factory ? Is it terrible ? I'm pretty curious about it. Where is it on the newer rifles ?
View Quote
The rail will take either or the SVD or Kalash scopes, I guess its Murican Part for 922r.

O is double, but it has a RPK Trunnion as well as the RPK reciever, & a heavy barrel. This is as close as you can get to the pre-89's just no bayo lug, piece missing from FSB (front sight base) wood grip, & the pre89's didn't have the scope mount, there was a sling mount back there.

gas piston is american as well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#13]
CTD at $559.64 now for o-pap, plus $46 tax for TX residents.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Should I get the WASR 10 from J n G or O-Pap from CTD?
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Should I get the WASR 10 from J n G or O-Pap from CTD?
View Quote

Cuz, Read my posts in this thread, the O is the best thing in the 4 sale bin since 1989.

+ it weighs 9.1 lbs, so if you run out of ammo you can beat the crap out of someone with it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
CTD at $559.64 now for o-pap, plus $46 tax for TX residents.
View Quote

At that price I'm tempted to get another.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#17]
FYI ... Just ordered a Zastava  M70 O-PAP today from Cheaper Than Dirt for $560 with free shipping.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/8-CENT-RI2090N?utm_source=Slickguns&utm_medium=organic

I did a lot of searching, but as of today (Sep 03), I could not find a cheaper price to my FFL's door.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/Turbo6ta/Logo.gif

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/Turbo6ta/AK.jpg

Link Posted: 9/3/2013 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#18]

I wouldnt buy from Cheaper Than Dirt if you had the OPAP pointed at me. Those price gouging scammers don't deserve our business. Id gladly pay more from a reputable establishment !!
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I wouldnt buy from Cheaper Than Dirt if you had the OPAP pointed at me. Those price gouging scammers don't deserve our business. Id gladly pay more from a reputable establishment !!
View Quote

I feel the same way you do about CTD. The company has lost a lot of business since the Sandy Hook shooting and there ammo price gouging ... and I honestly feel bad that I placed an order with them. I guess my conscience was overpowered by the price for the gun, along with free shipping.

BTW ... J&G has the older N-PAP for $500 right now, but shipping will cost you about $20, so the price goes to about $520 (only $40 less than the price for the O-PAP from CTD).

Here is the link to the N-PAP from J&G: http://www.jgsales.com/cai-yugo-akm-47-npap-m70-rifle,-7.62x39-cal,-with-pistol-grip-and-wood-stock.-p-61577.html

Link Posted: 9/3/2013 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hence why I bought one from Buds for $581 shipped. Buds never screwed me, not once, even during panic I bought things for sale, and they were helpful each time I needed assistance with my orders. Screw Crappier Than Dirt.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I feel the same way you do about CTD. The company has lost a lot of business since the Sandy Hook shooting and there ammo price gouging ... and I honestly feel bad that I placed an order with them. I guess my conscience was overpowered by the price for the gun, along with free shipping.

BTW ... J&G has the older N-PAP for $500 right now, but shipping will cost you about $20, so the price goes to about $520 (only $40 less than the price for the O-PAP from CTD).

Here is the link to the N-PAP from J&G: http://www.jgsales.com/cai-yugo-akm-47-npap-m70-rifle,-7.62x39-cal,-with-pistol-grip-and-wood-stock.-p-61577.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah they really screwed over a lot of people, the prices ctd and some other companies were charging were just plain immoral !! Jgsales isn't a saint either , they had some questionable prices on things too but they didn't raise there prices to nearly the extent that the known offenders such as ctd did.  however I did just order the npap with collapsible stock from jgsales for $569 because they were the lesser of the two evils. From now on I'm gonna spend my money with companies that were fair during the shortage like midway usa, cabelas, buds,aim surplus, classic firearms, brownells etc....

Anyways to get back on topic heres a pic of the npap i just ordered which hopefully has the correct double stack bolt !! It should though since it has the side rail scope mount not the picatinny rail on the receiver cover like the early ones...
http://www.jgsales.com/images/57950-caiyugozastavaakm-47npaprifle762x39caliberwithblackcollapsiblestock-s2.JPG

http://www.jgsales.com/images/57950-caiyugozastavaakm-47npaprifle762x39caliberwithblackcollapsiblestock-s1.JPG

http://www.jgsales.com/images/57950-caiyugozastavaakm-47npaprifle762x39caliberwithblackcollapsiblestock.JPG
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#22]
That's the one I picked at J&G on Sat.  Didn't get to shoot it on the way home as it was raining.  Any tips on accessories?  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Not really planning on doing much to mine just a scope mount for the side rail and a 3-9x40 scope. Did yours have the double stack bolt ??
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#24]
I have one sitting next to me (Npap from J&G)

How do you tell if the bolt is double stacked?

Got to try it out at 50yds. My first real AK and it put a very nice group with wolf, about a 1" group at 50yds on a steel plate.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Double stack bolt on the top, single stack bolt on the bottom. Notice the thickness of the bottom portion of the bolt. Thanks

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=142829&d=1353459813
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:57:41 AM EDT
[#26]
jgsales has the OPAP for $549 now http://www.jgsales.com/-p-60085.html
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:00:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey guys, has anyone found any stock options for the opap yet?  I called midwest industries this am and they have a rail system, but unfortunately you cannot get the top hg with an optics mount... I suppose it will have to do - just need a tubular stock...

any info will help!
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:22:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

These are Yugo Zastava AK-47 O-PAP OPAP rifles by CAI. They have a 16" barrel, with a Yugo pattern RPK heavy duty receiver, and a standard washed wood buttstock with rubber buttpad, a black synthetic pistol grip, and a slant cut muzzle brake. They also come with a side mounted scope rail on the receiver and one hi-cap mag. CIA # RI2090N. This firearm was assembled by Century Arms International using both new US made parts and original used surplus parts. Accepts all standard AK mags for 7.62x39 caliber.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:40:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

These are Yugo Zastava AK-47 O-PAP OPAP rifles by CAI. They have a 16" barrel, with a Yugo pattern RPK heavy duty receiver, and a standard washed wood buttstock with rubber buttpad, a black synthetic pistol grip, and a slant cut muzzle brake. They also come with a side mounted scope rail on the receiver and one hi-cap mag. CIA # RI2090N. This firearm was assembled by Century Arms International using both new US made parts and original used surplus parts. Accepts all standard AK mags for 7.62x39 caliber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The OPAP has already been established to be Yugo/Serbian factory assembled AK, not Century Arms.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hey guys, has anyone found any stock options for the opap yet?  I called midwest industries this am and they have a rail system, but unfortunately you cannot get the top hg with an optics mount... I suppose it will have to do - just need a tubular stock...

any info will help!
View Quote

anything for a m70 should fit.. Theres a nice quad rail handguard you can get for like $60 on amazon. The kalinka bp-02 is a nice scope mount that fits the npap, not sure if the opap is the same svd side mount ??
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Ok great thanks for clearing that up I wasn't sure if it was the really same - I will check out amazon for that rail too.  I think ACE has the adapter block and stock I'd like I just need to figure out what length to get... I think it comes in 7.5, 8.5 or 9.5 - anyone know off the top of their head what the factory length is... I am not home to measure.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#32]
zombievet ....

Is this what your looking for:

http://riflestocks.com/store/product35.html
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#33]
YES!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only surplus parts that I am aware of are the wood stock set. J&G also removes and resells the two Yugo bolt-hold open magazines that come with the gun and inserts one regular steel magazine in there. Those Yugo mags are worth $30 bucks on the market so you can pretty much add $60 dollars to the price of that gun after what J&G does. Know what you are getting into when you buy from J&G. What they do is crooked.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#35]
As far as the new O-PAP, I believe the only US sourced parts that are installed by Century Arms is:

1. Tapco G2 Single-Hook Fire Control Group (3 parts)

2. Gas Piston

3. Synthetic Pistol Grip

4. Muzzle Brake

Everything else is manufactured and assembled by Zastava Arms, Serbia
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:37:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Bastids

I broke down and ordered an O-PAP.  I just couldn't resist the features and price any longer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:06:20 AM EDT
[#37]
My O-PAP is on the UPS truck for delivery to my FFL today.

Paid $560 ... to the door
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#38]
What is the deal with the piston? No pin? Is this going to be a problem?   thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What is the deal with the piston? No pin? Is this going to be a problem?   thanks
View Quote

They weld one side I believe. It is tight like the wasr's. If there's no problem with the wasr's, then don't see why there should be a problem with the O-PAP piston. It is rare that someone complain about the wasr/PAP gas piston loose.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#40]
I posted this on another AK message board, but I will repost it here just for your info ..

Just received my PAP today. The sights are straight! Really happy about that.

Pulled off all the wood furniture and I am going to refinish with Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil.

My gun does not have that large Serbian logo on the buttstock, but does have the numbers on the right side.

The wood has a nice grain to it without any damage, so that's a plus. Also the color and the grain in the buttstock and upper and lower handguards all matches ... another plus

BTW, mine came with 2ea 30rd steel magazines. I have no idea where they were made. My guess is Serbia (a little rust on one of the mags)

BTW ... The bolt carrier and the gas piston does not have a pin holding the 2 parts together (you can see the hole where the pin should go, but I am thinking these 2 parts are pressed firmly into each other ... I am betting they never will come apart ... I am not worried about it in the least.

Ron,

Oh ya ... the gun is pretty heavy!
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#41]
I like to think of my OPAP as feeling "solid"
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#42]
O-PAP shipped!  Will be at dealer Wednesday. I work Thursday, Friday and a 24 on Saturday
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#43]
My O-PAP was shipped from Bud's on Thursday and UPS says it will be at my LGS on Monday. I'm excited.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#44]
gas piston is supposed to wiggle.

i heard a lot of complaints about high round count sar series rifles with unusual wear to the front trunions. i had one of these sar1, i never had a problem personally. i could see where the gas piston was hitting the front trunion though.

if i had one of these now i'd try and make it correct, not sure how if they are welding them in though
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
O-PAP shipped!  Will be at dealer Wednesday. I work Thursday, Friday and a 24 on Saturday
View Quote

My n-pap came in a couple a days ago from jgsales but i was delayed, thanks a lot nics !! can't pick it up until wednesday unless they call back sooner which i doubt they will !!
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My O-PAP was shipped from Bud's on Thursday and UPS says it will be at my LGS on Monday. I'm excited.  
View Quote

Hey mine was shipped on Thursday also. I paid on the 8-28-13 and it was marked "shipping", and they just now shipped it on 9-13-13. That's too long damnit.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

My n-pap came in a couple a days ago from jgsales but i was delayed, thanks a lot nics !! can't pick it up until wednesday unless they call back sooner which i doubt they will !!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice thing about Texas.  I have my CHL. I just fill out my papers, pay my transfer fee and leave with my purchase.
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 1:01:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Nice thing about Texas.  I have my CHL. I just fill out my papers, pay my transfer fee and leave with my purchase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish it was the same here in maine, It only makes sense ! I'd apply for a upin but i hear its taking up to a year for people to get them !! Just have to grin and bear the delays i guess !!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 1:37:57 AM EDT
[#49]
I read some reviews that they are receiving canter sights on these. Should I refuse it at the FFL if mine has it?
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 5:03:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I read some reviews that they are receiving canted sights on these. Should I refuse it at the FFL if mine has it ?
View Quote

Your FFL has nothing to do with this gun except giving you a place to have the gun legally sent to from the retailor you bought it from. Your FFL is not going to allow you to not accept the gun, unless you just want him to keep it as a nice gift from you ... and he is not responsible to send the gun back to either your retailor or Century (you paid him just to accept the gun).

That leaves you with 2 options ... Send it back to the retailor you bought it from or to Century.

The problem is that most retailors don't want the gun once you purchase it if the problem is a warranty item ... they will tell you that you must send it direct to Century and have Century either fix the problem or send a replacement gun back to you (again, through your local FFL).

BTW ... If I had to send my gun to Century, I would talk to them first about them getting you a "UPS Pre-paid Return Shipping Label", so you don't have to pay for shipping back to Century. This shipping label can be sent to you by Century as an attachment in an email, so all you have to do is print it out, and attach it to the box before taking the box to a UPS store for shipping ... easy
Page / 4
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top