Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:19:42 AM EDT
I'm new to the yugo world what is the difference between the two.... I bought what I think is a m70 but I'm having mag fit problems...they are double stack...but could it be converted? Are there any for sure ways I can tell I have a real m70??

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Your Century M70AB2 underfolder is a parts gun, built here in the US.  Assembled on a US receiver with a US barrel, along with the necessary 922r compliance parts.  The rest of the parts are Yugo surplus parts.

PAPs are built in Serbia at Zastava and imported by Century.  PAPs and Century kit/parts builds are completely different rifles.

PAPs are single-stacked rifles converted to double-stacked configuration by Century.  They are imported with single-stacked front trunnions and bolts.  The Century M70B1 (fixed stock), M70AB2 (underfolder), and M72 (RPK) all use surplus Yugo front trunnions and bolts that are originally designed as double-stacked.

In mechanical terms, the Century kit guns (not the PAPs) are closer to the original military Yugos.

Hope that makes sense.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool so as long as it says m70ab2 it's a true yugo?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
What is your definition of true?

The only rifles that come close to "true" M70B1 and M70AB2 Yugos in this country are the pre-ban Mitchell and American Arms rifles, and even that is debatable when talking about military features since they lack the grenade sight gas blocks of the military Yugos.

The Century Yugos are true to form in the sense that the have all the features (minus selective fire obviously) of the original M70B1 and M70AB2 rifles.  They are not Zastava-built factory rifles and are built here in the US with a certain amount of US parts, which precludes them from being "true" Yugos in the mind of a collector.

Mechanically speaking, the Century Yugos are certainly truer to military Yugos than the PAPs are, despite the fact that they are made here and the PAPs are made at Zastava in Serbia.

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 5:25:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What is your definition of true?

The only rifles that come close to "true" M70B1 and M70AB2 Yugos in this country are the pre-ban Mitchell and American Arms rifles, and even that is debatable when talking about military features since they lack the grenade sight gas blocks of the military Yugos.

The Century Yugos are true to form in the sense that the have all the features (minus selective fire obviously) of the original M70B1 and M70AB2 rifles.  They are not Zastava-built factory rifles and are built here in the US with a certain amount of US parts, which precludes them from being "true" Yugos in the mind of a collector.

Mechanically speaking, the Century Yugos are certainly truer to military Yugos than the PAPs are, despite the fact that they are made here and the PAPs are made at Zastava in Serbia.

Thank you.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top