Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/3/2017 2:22:39 PM EDT
I'm looking for a blade bayonet for an old Russian SKS.  It looks naked without a bayonet! 

Are all SKS bayonets interchangeable? 
If they are interchangeable, is there any discernible difference between Russkie and Chicom SKS bayonets? 

Seems that there are plenty of lower-cost Chinese SKS bayonets available.  I don't want to order a Chicom bayonet, and then discover it won't fit my rifle.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think a Sino-Soviet Chinese bayonet would fit considering they were likely made under Soviet supervision.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Some bayos have an offset on the lock and others are a straight 90°. If you put the wrong type on your rifle the bayo will sag below the cutout in the stock.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Are bayonets one of the parts that has to be original manufacturer?
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I've owned a few Chinese SKS and one Milled Russian along with three Bayonets two were spikes and  one blade all fit perfectly on all my rifles.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are bayonets one of the parts that has to be original manufacturer?
View Quote
I don't know. There's a site that I can't find right now that shows the differences between countries and how the lugs are different. It was posted here many years ago.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't know. There's a site that I can't find right now that shows the differences between countries and how the lugs are different. It was posted here many years ago.
View Quote
Perhaps this is the site that you speak of. Lots of great info and pics.

SKS site
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top