Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2016 9:31:19 PM EDT
My unissued yugo SKS came with the cleaning kit and has the hole in the stock to store it. I can not figure out how to get it in the stock storage compartment. Then once in how does it come back out?

I can push in the trap door only a little way before it stops.

I have not taken off the buttplate yet to look do I figured someone here could answer my question before I take it apart.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#1]
The door should open 90 deg.
There is a spring at the bottom of the hole, that pushes back on the cleaner pod when you insert it.
If your door wont open far enough, there is a problem inside the stock you have to fix.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you sure there is not a cleaning kit already in there?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't been able to feel one. Then again the trap door only opens a very little.  I still can not get the butt pad off.
I removed the two screws, but it feels like the pad was glued on.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Cosmoline is a hell of a thing...
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#5]
i finally solved the mystery. it already had a cleaning kit stuck in it and was jammed with cosomline. I didnt think it had one in the stock because the rifle came with one along with the banjo oiler and leather pouch.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top