Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/11/2016 6:20:31 PM EDT
Never owned or even fired a SKS before. Kinda want one in my collection though but I'm unsure which is the best buy right now in today's market. Seems Yugos were available for under $200 just several years ago?
I think they're closer to $350-400 online now.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#1]
They are fine SKS's. Just be aware the barrels are not chrome lined.  Clean after shooting with corrosive ammo. I do it with any combloc ammo just to be on the safe side.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#2]
They are very nice rifles with milled parts and nice wooden furniture.  As the other poster mentioned, they do not have a chrome-lined barrel, which is fine for me.  I shoot new production, non-corrosive ammo out of mine, and clean it as I would any other rifle without a chrome lining.  As long as you avoid corrosive ammo you are fine, and if you do shoot corrosive ammo just follow the appropriate steps.

If I were taking mine to war I would want a Russian with a chrome barrel, but the Yugos are perfectly good for regular shooting.  I think they are much better quality than the Chinese.  The milling is very nice on them, and paying around $400-$450 for a nice one is worth it.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top