Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/3/2016 8:51:41 PM EDT
I have the chance to get some of this cheap, anyone every use it in their SKS rifles?
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 10:15:44 PM EDT
[#1]

cheap is good.

never used that stuff.... im still sitting on a few 1440 round cases of surplus.

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been pretty happy with a large variety of PPU ammo in a large variety of guns. But can't comment on using it in an SKS
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
It's premium brass-case boxer-primed ammo at a good price. But Wolf is good enough too.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
cheap is good.

never used that stuff.... im still sitting on a few 1440 round cases of surplus.

View Quote

South African, brass-cased? I still have several of those plywood crates full of the stuff
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#5]
The only REAL issue I have ever seen with OOB "slam-fires" in an SKS (a total of two incidents) involved; 1) a cosmo soaked rifle that hadn't been cleaned thoroughly and 2) an EXTREMELY dirty SKS that had mud, rust and other crud in the FP channel.

This in 35 years of being a shooter and range safety officer.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top