Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/5/2016 5:27:21 PM EDT
I'm changing out the wood stocks on a friends yugo sks for the tactical plastic stuff.  He has a scope mounted on the dust cover and every time I go to pull the bolt back I take a hunk of skin off my thumb from hitting the front of the optic.  I've done some research and can't seem to find a extended bolt.  I'm not even sure if there's such a thing on the market or not, any suggestions
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I think your best bet is a weld on, something like the Tromix Galil style weld on or maybe an extended Albanian SKS charging handle style?

You could also drill a hole and tap threads and then use a bolt to fab a custom charging handle.

I would recommend picking up a spare bolt carrier to do the modding to.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Might I recommend a better way.  Grasp the charging handle, Palm up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Use your pinky. It seems appropriate given the mods you've described to the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Use your pinky. It seems appropriate given the mods you've described to the rifle.
View Quote

Lighten up Francis.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:09:42 AM EDT
[#6]
yeah that was sort of a dick comment, I apologize

you have to understand, having been down the tacticool sks road and back again, one can become bitter about it
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Been there done that got the t shirt. Strip it to factory leave it be and buy an AR.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top