Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2016 9:50:11 PM EDT
Got an opportunity to get back into two SKS's.  One is marked Norinco SKS - M and takes AK mags.   The other is I think just a standard Norinco in a pretty crappy plastic stock and the receiver cover has been replaced with a unit that has a scope mount provision on it. It is also missing the bayonet and cleaning rod... I will be looking for a "standard" replacement and also a wood stock to put back on it.  Any suggestion on where to look for those items would be appreciated.  Per what I learned here both rifles have matching numbers on the receiver, bolt and the 20" rifle also has the matching number on the trigger guard.  I think I got a pretty good deal - paid $350 for both rifles.  Excited to get back into the 7.62x39!

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:29:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Check Ebay they have a good selection of parts. Bayonets are expensive lately though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#2]
"Pretty good deal"?  You stole them.

From the look of the standard SKS it'll need a "spike" bayonet. You should be able to find all the parts for around $100. I'd look for a stock and receiver cover that are not serial numbered so that its not all mismatched but that's me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, you got a heck of a deal.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Heck yeah man. I want an AK so bad, but these old rifle are just so much easier to come by. Just bought a nice Norinco myself. But I didn't get the deal you did. Got 3 ARs, but I just cant get excited about them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Great deal. Those "m" paras are nice.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 3:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I may have done something that folks may not approve of, but I could not stand the color of the wood on the SKS-M.  I stripped it, dyed it with a mix of dark brown and red Rit dye, wet sanded it with Tru-Oil and put it back together. I wanted to get a worn finish, not 100% satisfied with the finish but it looks a ton better in my opinion.  Been looking for some AK mags (ok, not very hard) and picked up two Magpul mags.  They did not fit real well be they are wearing in and I think they will be fine - they lock up solid.  I've got a case of ammo coming in and can't wait to rip a few off out back (just hope they work!)
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Great deal!
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top