Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2016 11:06:57 PM EDT
Had three over many years. Sold and made a little money off all three at times I "thought" I needed money. Now they are so stinking expensive. All three were flawless as far as operation. Always wanted and AK, but so many choices and so many opinions. Have looked at the new C39V2 and WASR. Have three ARs right now, but they just don't really "do it" for me. No personality. Thinking I want to bite the bullet, pay for another SKS, throw it in the truck with a thousands rounds of ammo and roll on. My feeling is if ever in a situation where I "had" to have it/hope that never happens/ Id feel better about it than the AR or AK either one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Find a way to get another .I bit the bullet a few years back and got a nice Russian with laminated stock . I will not be letting that one go .
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Find a way to get another .I bit the bullet a few years back and got a nice Russian with laminated stock . I will not be letting that one go .
View Quote

Neither will I.  Laminated Russkies are gorgeous and they stand out in a universe of boring looking Chinese SKSs
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
On the hunt now
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Happy hunting . Get the one you want , don't settle for less
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Sold mine off except for my Ex-DDR Russian
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Got my mind set on one of these now.
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/polish-ak47-7-62x39mm-rifle-wood-detail.html?Itemid=0
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/polish-ak47-7-62x39mm-rifle-wood-detail.html?Itemid=0
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AK not SKS
SKS > AK for semi-auto fire
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

AK not SKS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AK not SKS

That's what I was looking for. I feel SKS > AK also, just always wanted one. Someday, hope to have at least one of each. SKS = awesome truck gun to me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:19:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I have both, and definitely prefer the SKS as well. Great, underrated guns. They lose a lot of "cool factor" to AKs and ARs, but there's something about them that's just awesome.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Straight forward simple design, easy to maintain, fairly indestructible.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Want a Paratrooper or Sporter model so bad but the prices are ridiculous !!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Want a Paratrooper or Sporter model so bad but the prices are ridiculous !!!!
View Quote

Ant that the truth. I looked at some kind of funky rig at a pawn, rough as shit, jacked up receiver with "scope" mount made on it. No number on it the same. No bayonet, cleaning rod or kit. Asked me $375 for it. I offered $175 and was glad they didn't take offer. Then came across a Yugo gun with some kind of skeleton stock for $325- passed. And also had a Chinese for $450. Really?  But same LGS has a Springer GI Champion I can buy at 500 bucks. I may have to have it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Focus- Focus- Get a Russian SKS for goodness sake
A bring back with no import marks would be nice
Check gunbroker
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a Sino-Soviet type 56, I love that rifle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Local add today. Norinco SKS with ATI Fiborforce stock on gun. Comes with original stock, original 10 round mag and 200 rounds ammo. $400. Looking at after work today. Im all giddy & stuff
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I laugh to my self sometimes because 3 to 4 years back the Yugo was the red headed step child of the SKS world and was going for 150 to 200 bucks !!! Now I see them for 400 to 500 Same can be said with the Russian 91/30 and M44
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Local add today. Norinco SKS with ATI Fiborforce stock on gun. Comes with original stock, original 10 round mag and 200 rounds ammo. $400. Looking at after work today. Im all giddy & stuff
View Quote

Sell the Fiberforce for whatever you can get and it's not a terrible deal.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

One at local pawnshop for $499.

As soon I became of age to purchase my own firearms I bought a 10/22. Next purchase was a Yugo. Think I paid 150. No cleaning kit but in good shape. It's still my favorite gun to shoot. As OP said they have character. Feels like it wants to fight, like a machine.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Hell yeah! Bought it! Bam! $350. Pics later. Numbers matching, nice gun, do need gas tube cover to go back with original stock.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Too much trouble for pics on here. Should just be able to link straight to site with no outside host.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Back to original. So much better. This is a really nice piece
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I pretty much never sell a gun.

I don't shoot my SKS much but back in the day I paid $149 for a new Yugo in grease . Yes I could sell it for a profit but the few times I pull it out and head to the range it is a blast.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#24]
If I link to another forum will you be able to see pics?. I'm super excited about
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#25]
If I link to another forum will you be able to see pics?. I'm super excited about
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#26]
https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=536433

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 3:50:36 AM EDT
[#27]
I just put a Chinese SKS with blade bayonet on layaway at a local pawn shop. Not sure what to make of it, thing looks brand new. All parts match except trigger assembly and the stock while not bad has some dings and a crap load of rough lacquer on it, you can see the brush strokes. No serial number on the stock.

I'm thinking an arsenal refurb or something. For 240.00, I said why not. And yes I know a 240.00 layaway seems silly I have spent way too much money on the sickness since Nov.

I'll post picks when I get around to picking it up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 4:04:33 AM EDT
[#28]
I love layaway . I find something good and  get to savor for a bit , then go and get it , probably find something else , put it on layaway .........
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:22:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I do the Layaway thing also, I can manage my addiction much easier. As far as SKS's there are some deals out there, I found a K-sport paratrooper, near mint for under 350$  I've been buying anything surplus lately.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#30]

I think I just may keep shopping deals for these and try and forget about an AK. One for sale local at least once a week. No FFl, no paper work if bought from individual. To me, in my limited experience, SKS as good as any AK. Have 3 ARs, and had much rather shoot the SKS.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I love my ARs and trust the round but I sort of know what the OP is feeling . The 7.62 X39 just feels like it is doing a better job of tearing things up .

I know prices have gone nuts but there are still lots of folks who are not serious gun folks who bought one for $70 or $100 and tossed it in the back of a closet after they shot it a few times .

Never-sell-a-gun

I find that any guin , even if I don't use it much , as long as it runs ok , is better off left in the back of the safe for the time I "feel" like I want to play with it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm the same way. love my now 2nd SKS (sold a much better one a few years ago because of money). I have 2 AR's, but I enjoy the SKS so much more. Am thinking about getting an AK, but I think I would like an AK shotgun instead. Never getting rid of the SKS again. Of course, I kind of know why. I don't like pistol grips on my rifles. So I gravitate to my SKS more. Maybe I should trade the 2 AR's for a M14 or something. If I could find an unconverted Saiga for cheap I would jump on it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I love mine ( russian with matching #)

But I can't sell it for anything here, people want a tapcofucked rifle over a clean original.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I love my ARs and trust the round but I sort of know what the OP is feeling . The 7.62 X39 just feels like it is doing a better job of tearing things up .

I know prices have gone nuts but there are still lots of folks who are not serious gun folks who bought one for $70 or $100 and tossed it in the back of a closet after they shot it a few times .

Never-sell-a-gun

I find that any guin , even if I don't use it much , as long as it runs ok , is better off left in the back of the safe for the time I "feel" like I want to play with it.
View Quote
Never sell a gun is bull. When you have over 200 of them they become a burden and a chore. I'm selling a bunch and sold a bunch already.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Yup. I sell guns all the time.  I'm in CA, so I get the black rifle disease, then realise that black rifles really aren't all they are cracked up to be for general shooting here, and I pick my SKS and Garand back up and am happy again.

I have a nice 14.5" AR right now that I'm considering selling off to get another SKS and maybe Garand. I don't really use the AR for all it can do anyways, and really prefer these old rifles instead.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#36]
3 for sale local here right. Private owners. May have to pick one of them up if I could get a deal. 2 Norincos and a Yugo. One of the Norincos looks ok. No bayonet and a has a flash hider. Stock is just under average. Asking $325, think I may send a $175 offer just for the heck of it. Cant see a reason not to have a few of them for the right price. Decent accurate, cheap to operate, boringly reliable,simple operation. What else you gonna find that has all that at such a price? Certainly not an AR or AK.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#37]
This makes me want to go look for a deal. I'm sure my Norinco could use a comrade.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#38]
I bought a new in cosmo Yugo and used Norinco that is all original well taken care of in a 2 gun case and 500 rnds of wolf for 200.00

Already had a Norinco from the 90.00 dollar days so I new I liked them and would be good to go.

Everyone should get one full of cosmoline and get experience.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Last week, I shot my Norinco SKS for the first time in about 15 years.

I remember I got it the day after Christmas 1993 for $139, which was high back in those days but not many gun shops around then.

It's pretty banged up now but 100% reliable. Truthfully I'd feel comfortable with it (and a bunch of loaded stripper clips) in a lot of possible situations.

Happy I have it.

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Finally bought a WASR last week to go with my SKS. Had some feed issues right off the bat,  but just got Polish surplus mags to try in it. Hopefully this takes care of it. Both the SKS and WASR were private no paper work sales. Heck yeah
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Soviet SKS for selling in Kanada cheap of cost.  Two hundred and fifty Kanadianski rubles.  

Laminated wood stockings fresh of arsenal.  Happiness for having
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Soviet SKS for selling in Kanada cheap of cost.  Two hundred and fifty Kanadianski rubles.  

Laminated wood stockings fresh of arsenal.  Happiness for having
View Quote

You need to figure a way to import them to the US their value is way up right now.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top