Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2016 6:04:30 PM EDT
With US soldier paperwork, Vietnamese gov export papers, envelope, and photocopied story of event leading to capture.

Matching numbers, 1967 manufacture date, triangle 26.  Better than expected condition.

I did not get it with the intent to sell, but I'd like to know what I'm sitting on.

From a local vet in my area.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hard to say.

The one Type 56 with capture papers/DoD War Trophy certificate that I could find that sold/finished on Gunbroker sold for a bit over $1800, and, while it was all matching numbers,  it did not look nearly as nice as yours.

There's another one that's been relisted twice, with a "buy it now" of $3500, but it never bid up over $1800, and did not meet reserve.
View Quote

Jesus.  For $3500, it'd better be a North Vietnamese marked one.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#3]
It's hard to really put a price on since it's really what someone wants to pay. I've seen them go for $800 then see one that looks like it was just pulled out of a rice patty go for twice that. You did good on the one you bought
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:35:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's hard to really put a price on since it's really what someone wants to pay. I've seen them go for $800 then see one that looks like it was just pulled out of a rice patty go for twice that. You did good on the one you bought
View Quote

It was actually a partial trade.  The fellow was into building a 9mm AR and I had a spare DDLES lower.

If import marked Russians are going for $500, I have no problem with what I'm out on this.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice looking gun!!  We would love to see some close ups and hear a little about the capture story.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Neat rig. To my eyes the stock looks refinished, so that'd effect the value.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top