Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2016 11:22:32 PM EDT
I bought a norinco sks somewhere back around '91. I dont even remember where I bought it. I do vaguely remember it being from a shop and filling out some paperwork...but those papers are long gone.

Anyway a year or two later, I replaced the wood stock and the fixed 10rnd magazine with a folding stock and a couple of 30rnd mags. I left the bayonet on.
Shot it for a few years, then lost interest and it sat for over 20 years. Unfortunately, the original stock and magazine were lost during several moves that I made in that time period

Ive recently have gotten back into it.  Cleaned it up and bought a few tapco 20 rnd mags (which work awesome) and love it.

Anyway, someone brought up 922 laws and how I may be in violation with the ATF.

Any truth to this?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never really heard of any individual being asked how many U.S. made parts are on their rifle.  Asked by anyone with authority anyway.

922R has always seemed to be more of a concern for the company importing and selling the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I read through that convoluted mess.
Far above my comprehension level.

The entire time I was skimming through it I was wondering how many tax dollars were wasted while contructing that "code."

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:47:56 AM EDT
[#6]

I think it's written to be intentionally ambiguous, and confusing so the BATFE can twist it however they want.

That's my take on it too. It truly is a shame.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes...there is a good chance that it is illegal.  You can not have more that 10 foreign parts on your rifle.  You may have to add some more US parts to it like a US made gas piston.  The US magazine counts for three parts and the stock counts for some (not sure on SKS).  Remember...its not the US parts that matter its the foreign parts that actually count.

Check here...  www.tapco.com/section922r/
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I personally wouldn't worry about it. Nobody gives a crap about 922r. It will only ever be a problem if you commit a crime with it or its in your possession while your committing a crime. Don't commit crimes and don't worry about it.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top