Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2015 10:27:17 AM EDT
I've got a new Toyota 4runner that I want to keep my SKS in as my "trunk gun". Since there isn't a locking trunk on a 4R I'm not sure how to secure the SKS in the back without installing some type of locking box.  Any suggestions?  Right now I just have it in a rifle bag covered with a tarp in the cargo area of the back.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:16:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Short of setting up a box secured to the body, not sure how much you can do.

In my Explorer sport I carried a folded AK for some time that fit into the rear seats. The bottom of the seats split from the top when you fold them forward, and there was enough space so that I could fit a folded AK under the rear seat - well, sort of "inside" the seat, between the body floor and the bottom of the seat. With the seats in their normal position, nobody would ever know it was there. Hit the seat release and pull it forward a bit, and the rifle could be quickly removed.

Not sure how your 4Runner's seats work, but it's a possibility. Newer Nissans I've been in fold out like this.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:29:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Tag for ideas
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:52:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I've broke the right front A arm on a Caprice ramming an idiot trying to box me in, w/ a SKS loaded in the floorboards, round in the chamber.  No need to secure it in the back.  Keep it handy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:04:27 AM EDT
[#4]
do u want a lock box?   they are pricey but nice

arb outback drawer, tuffy security drawer, truckvault
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the look of the Tuffy lock box but not sure I can spend the dough.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
do u want a lock box?   they are pricey but nice

arb outback drawer, tuffy security drawer, truckvault
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 8:50:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Kep it as you have it and run a long cable lock through a child restraint point to the trigger guard....or something similar.  At least no one will be able to grab it and run.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#7]
great idea!  thanks.

Quoted:
Kep it as you have it and run a long cable lock through a child restraint point to the trigger guard....or something similar.  At least no one will be able to grab it and run.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#8]
maybe rig something up with the cargo hooks in back?  a big Master lock with combination?  locking the trigger guard to it in a manner that doesn't allow easy access to the trigger group release button behind trigger guard
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Why not something like cops use for a shotgun or rifle in the front of their car.  Basically a clamp with a key lock.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Would this work?

https://suvcargocaddy.com/html/cc-specifications.html
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks again for the suggestion Solved my problem with a Patriot ie no trunk.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top