Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2015 3:45:56 PM EDT
I found a guy with an SKS for sale. It is a Norinco with all the original parts including the bayonet, sling, cleaning kit and rod. He said it was given to him unfired and new and he only ever shot 20 rounds through it.

The pictures show it is a 20in barrel, normal SKS stock, spike bayonet, and internal magazine.

Also has a 30 round mag that I'll end up just selling.

I know how much he is asking, just wanted to find out what others think it is worth a d if I should buy it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I just brought a Norinco sks home from the pawn shop today. Had the bayonet,cleaning kit,matching numbers,sling,etc. Looks super nice condition wise  plus it came in a folding stock with the stock fixed mag,a 20 rounder and a 30 rounder.
It has the original stock as well and Ill probably put the wood stock back on.
400 was asking price. 360 plus tax is what I paid so 387 out the door for all that. If it hadnt had the extra mags and folding stock I wouldnt have given over 300-325 though.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure to shine a light down the barrel.  If he shot corrosive ammo out of it, the bore could be rusty or have pitting.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#3]
It's still possible to find a Chinese SKS under $300 (November 2015, data here).  Of course the SKS-D and SKS-M models go for more.  Folding stocks and aftermarket mags don't always bring a premium; value of those add-ons is up to the purchaser to decide.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top