Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2015 12:59:33 PM EDT
I just picked up a yugo sks, and spent a few hours removing cosmoline.  

I have to pull the trigger several times before it will finally catch and release the hammer.  I don't know anything anout these triggers, but it feels like something is slipping off and the trigger just goes mushy.  I don't have to cycle the bolt or reset the trigger between trigger pulls, I just charge it one time, and start pulling the trigger repeatedly until it finally engages something and releases the hammer.

This is all dry firing, I haven't attempted to shoot it yet.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
like this?

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Yes, that looks very similar.  It takes an average of 6 or 8 trigger pulls to release it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:11:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know anything about your rifle I have one that was re-arsenaled and it only has 100 rounds through it.
Any info on condition pics of trigger group?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:12:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Not yet, maybe I can take some tomorrow.  It looks nearly brand new inside and out.  I cleaned the cosmoline off and the trigger was like this.

The stock is a little dinged, but I don't see any metal wear and the barrel looks great.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:15:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I did remove the stock completely and reassemble without the stock to try it that way, didn't change anything.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the trigger bar hanging up under the sear after the dis-connector has pushed it down? is the dis-connector hanging up in the sear?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#7]
With the stock off, or the trigger group out of the gun you can tell a lot by looking through the hole in the left side of the trigger guard that lets you see the trigger bar, sear, disconector and hammer interact.

If the trigger group is not in the rifle remember that you have to push down on the disconector (AKA Safety Sear) to let the trigger bar line up with the sear correctly and also for the disconnector to release its hold on the hammer.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#8]
FYI there is a guy named kivari on the sks survivor forum that does excellent trigger work if you need it fixed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I just fixed this problem on a friends SKS last night. In his case, the safety catch spring was bot being held in place by the pin like it supposed to be. I had to disassemble the trigger group and reassemble it correctly.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:15:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just fixed this problem on a friends SKS last night. In his case, the safety catch spring was bot being held in place by the pin like it supposed to be. I had to disassemble the trigger group and reassemble it correctly.
View Quote

I'll take a look, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I had the same issue with a YUGO sks I bought...it had a bubba trigger job. new trigger group fixed it. I replaced the group because they bubba'd the Hammer, sear and the disconnector. cheaper to get a used group than the parts. remember that all sks trigger groups will interchange
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top