Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2015 10:55:11 PM EDT
I want to carry an extra barrel for my Norincos. I havent seen any new threaded barrels for sale, but have found new Yugo barrels. From what I have read, the threads are the same. Anyone know if the outer diameters are the same so I can press the RSB, GB, and FSB onto it? I understand there may be minorbfittingnand I will need to headspace it. Thats not a problem.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt you will ever need it. Norinco barrels are chrome lined, and will take a lot of rounds to wear out.

Yugo barrels are not chromed, and will have a significantly shorter life than the Chinese barrel.

Plus some Norincos have pressed and pinned barrels while all Yugos I have seen are threaded.

So it will depend on which kind of barrel attachment you have.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:19:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont have a press in style barrel. They are threaded. I realize I may never need to replace and theybare chrome, but I like spares. I also realize the Yugos are not chrome. I probably wouldnt even wear out a non chrome barrel. Even if I were not to buy a replacement now, I would like to know.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 12:15:28 AM EDT
[#3]
To the best of my knowledge they both use the same thread pitch.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen a few Chinese and Russian threaded barrels on Ebay.

Russian on Ebay
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#5]
AFAIK they are all the same

I rebarreled a Yugo using a surplus Chicom barrel last year. I used a Yugo RSB, gas block, and Chicom FSB. They all checked out good on the caliper and fit together without issue.

Threads are the same on the barrels but you may run into timing issues requiring that you either remove or add material from the lug shoulder or receiver face. The Chicom barrel was under-timed in the Yugo receiver in my case, requiring some material be removed from the receiver face, but YMMV.

Numrich's had pulled surplus Chicom barrels a few years back for $15/ea. I bought three and only one of them was usable, the other two had some pretty severe rings. The one that was in good shape was flawless inside despite having some minor exterior surface rust, and turned out to be a very accurate barrel.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top