Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/11/2015 10:21:50 PM EDT

Friends, just bought a Ch-ina made Norinco sks.  
Milled trigger group and original stinky grease still present.  
They don't get anymore pristeen than this.  
My other ch-ina sks that I bought new over 20 years ago had more wear on it than this one.  I also can't hit the side of a barn with it standing in the barn.  
All matching numbers chromed bore and chamber.  Every part as good a quality as a Russian unlike the first sks.
Only thing is, I'm going to need to do a bit of bedding because the stock is loose and the action floats around.      
I didn't know that some Ch-ina sks's were of this quality.  
Gave $300+tax.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I kept one from my FFL days...
Milled ChiCom with a burgundy colored wood stock.
Even the trigger was crisp.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 11:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I still have one from the 80's. Blonde stock and spike bayo. Its a dam good shooter.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple of $79 Norinco's that are fantastic shooters.  I even shoot CMP matches with them using surplus ammo and do well.  they guys there look at me like this,
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 2:43:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Got it curing in the shed right now.  Accra glass.
Was close to 1/4" of slop in the bedding.  Slide it forward until it stopped on the cross bolt and glassed the ass end.
Pried the gas tube assembly off and hit the end of it with a file until it fit with out force so no weird tension on the barrel.  
Cleaned out the firing pin hole and then turned the pin down for a spring.  
Checked the head space.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 7:01:56 AM EDT
[#5]
OMG why!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Why what?
Give it a spring loaded firing pin?
Bed the rear of the action to the stock so it isn't just sliding around in the stock not using the recoil shoulder and will not put any wierd fore end pressure on the barrel.
Check the head space so it is verified that a case won't rupture.
Or make it so the gas tube can be removed by hand instead of prying it out with mini pry bars or screw driver.  
You mean all that OMG Why?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:46:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I have to admit, that's the first I've ever heard of someone glass bedding an SKS

There have been a few claims here and there about gas tube tension affecting accuracy on AKs. IIRC loose is generally better, but probably not rattly loose.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I have epoxy bedded some SKS's to fix the loose stock fitment issues.

I own a handful of Norinco SKS's and while some are better quality than others, they all have been reliable and shoot well.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top