Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/2/2015 9:19:41 PM EDT
Curious about taking one of my dad's SKSs that is currently in an older plastic folding stock, and have no idea where the original stock is.  The current stock is uncomfortable and not that useful, so I was thinking about dropping it into a SGWorks bullpup stock.  Curious how well they work, how's the trigger, how well do they function with duckbill mags or stripper clips, etc.  Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Had a Norinco Chinese beater that never got used and went through the bubba phases of a Draugunov (sp) style plastic stock and a Tapco stock and never really liked either.  Finally got the SGW stock and after a little bit of Dremel work everything fit together nicely.   New bullpup SKS is much better balanced, easier to carry, faster on target, etc., and an unexpected bonus is that the gun actually shoots better groups.  It works well with the 20-rd Tapco plastic duckbill magazines as well as other metal duckbill versions.   Have not tried using stripper clips but I'm sure that will not be a problem.   I went ahead and got a spring-loaded stainless firing pin from Murraysguns.com as well as a stainless gas piston from Tapco to insure reliability and the correct 922r compliance count.  I plan on having Murrays shave down the bolt carrier so that you can insert a loaded magazine on a closed bolt.  Added a Busnell TRS-25 red dot and some low cost BUIS and am very happy with the results.

If you want to use modified Tapco duckbill mags, without the duckbill, you can go to this site http://www.thesksmagadapter.com/ and buy an adapter for this purpose, as well as adapter that allows you to use ASC 5, 10, 20 or 30 round steel magazines.  Good luck.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top