Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2015 4:52:18 PM EDT
I have a Ghost Sino-Soviet Type-56 SKS that I love but also hated to shoot because the LoP was so damned short (I'm not going to Tapco fuck it or put a modern synthetic stock on it, I like the original look)but I put it in a Chinese fibreglass/Resin stock and put the original in storage. Fast forward, I bought a John Masen SKS stock extender. when it arrived, add a quick trip to Home Depot for two M8 20mm machine screws and minor fitting, the 1" extension makes it 100000 times more comfortable to shoot, and easier.

Sorry for crappy Ipotato pics

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Title is what she said.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Make it even uglier?  
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
RIF. The lop was too short.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't realize the recoil warranted a shoulder pad.
View Quote

Ummm, he put it on to lengthen the stock.  He never said a thing about putting it on to tame recoil.

I have the same stock and want to try what you did but I need the screws, have any extra?
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ummm, he put it on to lengthen the stock.  He never said a thing about putting it on to tame recoil.

I have the same stock and want to try what you did but I need the screws, have any extra?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't realize the recoil warranted a shoulder pad.

No I dont, just go to Home Depot and get 20mm M8 machine screws and grind some of the edge off the screw head.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top