Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2015 2:04:25 AM EDT
I am looking for relianle stripper clips.  I ordered some from Amazon and they are too wide to fit in the machined area of the bolt.  I am using a pair of lock pliers to make these work.  Is this a common problem?  I wonder if these were made for stripping rounds into AK47 magazines?  I've never used stipper clips to load an AK47 magazine before so I don't know.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:05:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Ive had the same experience with stripper clips i bought online in an SKS.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Get some that come on Surplus ammo, or buy military surplus stripper clips, the commercial stripper clips are a crap shoot.

The Czeck or Yugo clips are great.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Look for people who purchased Yugo M67 surplus when it was widely available. Much of it came loaded in SKS clips and people now sell the empty clips. Very high quality clips. I have seen them sell anywhere from $0.10 - $1.00 each.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't been able to find the surplus myself, but I had decent luck with the cheap NcStar ones.  They fit my bolt and load fine, the only issue is I tend to lose a round or two every so often because they are a little loose and the rounds not totally secure (not sure if this is a problem with the surplus ones as well-- I know they were not primarily designed to be reused, but hey, I have a limited supply.)
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:45:43 AM EDT
[#5]
The czech ones are nice and smooth. Stamped BXM. They show up on fleabay for various prices. You can search BXM or, VZ58/VZ2008 stripper clips for more results.

They are easy to spot as they are pimped out in chrome vs the dull gunmetal color.

IMG_3754 by splittiebus66, on Flickr

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#6]
There are some Yugo strippers in the EE
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry.  Didn't realize this was a tech forum.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Bought some factory Chinese on fleabay, $8 shipped for 10
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought the Amazon strippers and they didn't fit my Norinco very well. One day I sat down with a file and trimmed them all up until they would fit. Some took a lot of filing, some very little but in the end they all function great. If you go that route, make sure to do the final fitting with the stripper clip loaded. Empties will work fine, but it seems as though the cartridge rim spreads the clip out just enough to make insertion into the bolt difficult. I should also add that those same strippers that I custom fitted to my Norinco will not work in my Russian; I would have to file them down further to fit that one.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top