Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/24/2015 12:37:23 PM EDT
Got this from my father in law. All matching but missing original magazine. He had a detachable 30rnd mag. This model should have a non detachable 10rnd fixed box mag right?
This is a commercial Chinese SKS right?

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Got this from my father in law. All matching but missing original magazine. He had a detachable 30rnd mag. This model should have a non detachable 10rnd fixed box mag right?

This is a commercial Chinese SKS right?
http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd402/chinwnu09/Mobile%20Uploads/20150124_112519_zpslplcy5ea.jpghttp://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd402/chinwnu09/Mobile%20Uploads/20150124_112501_zpsnknk7ein.jpg
View Quote

Most Military Contract Chinese SKS Carbines are like the first two.

1. Mid '50s - Mid '60s Production

China Early - note the heavy barrel lug

2. Mid '60s - 'Mid 80s

China Mid - note shorter barrel lug

3. Mid '80s to end of Production

China Late - note NO barrel lug, this is a pinned barrel.

4. Mid '80s

China Sheet Metal Receiver - note rivet above stock screw

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#2]
It is a commercial Chinese SKS.  The carbine should have a nondetachable 10rd mag.  Your trigger mech housing should be a stamped type and not milled from a solid billet, pressed and pinned barrel. Earlier commercial examples should have the arsenal number in a rectangle or oval on the front left side of the receiver. Later ones may not have any arsenal markings.  I'd dare to say yours was made in 1991 but Chinese SKS's are near impossible to date with the exception of /26\'s.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top