Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/23/2015 2:38:51 AM EDT
On some 2 is a little tight. How did the real military carry?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC- They are designed to carry TWO per pocket with the bullet tips facing opposite directions. Being nice and snug (tight) keeps the rounds loaded on the clips.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of those cheap Chinese surplus with the ten pouches and the wooden dowel flap closures, I believe that is what you are talking about.  They are designed for 2 clips per pouch for 200 rounds total, although one of the pouches is larger and can hold either a cleaning kit or supposedly up to 40 loose rounds.  I just keep 2 clips per pouch with the rounds alternating directions to fit better.  It is a bit snug but they all fit relatively securely.  Now if I could just figure out how to not lose a round or two every time I pull out a clip (I usually am loading 8 or 9 round clips cause one falls out in the pouch...)
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I put two clips per pocket in mine. Bullets opposite one another as another poster said. They loosen up with use. Last winter I practiced loading the rifle from that chest rig with gloves and coat. Took a little effort but by the end I got pretty good at it.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top