Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 11:27:34 PM EDT
So i have been trading around firearms and have come across an SKS. I was planning on selling or trading it to, someone put it in a tapco stock . When I did some research to find out more about it I identified it as an Sino Soviet SKS. It as matching serial numbers but no original stock. I'm trying to decide if it is worth keeping, should I try to restore it or just move on.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep it original and search for a original stock.  I believe a regular commercial stock wont work.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#2]
It should fit any standard style SKS stock, Commercial or otherwise.

I would look for a No Numbers Chinese SKS stock, then it would be as close to original as you can get. That or pick up a cheap Chinese fiberglass jungle stock.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#3]
The newer or commercial stocks will be cut for the spike bayonet. The Sino-Soviet should have a blade bayo, & the stock will have a v shaped channel cut for the bayo.  Replacement stocks can be found. I got one at a flea market for 20 dollars. Theres also flea bay.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been in that situation before' What I did, twice as a matter a fact was pull the aftermarket stock and sell it and then put the sks in a jungle stock/fiberglass stock.. I have done that on a spiker and a ghost which had the blade bayo of course.. just make sure you buy the right stock for the blade cut'
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top