Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/11/2015 12:06:43 AM EDT
Just curious what I have here. Chinese SKS, says made in china, but no other importer markings from what I can see. Not sure where they'd be at. None on barrel, none on receiver. Has matching numbers on receiver and top plate. Triangle 26 markings in the 85XXXXXX range. Spike bayo. Been awhile since I've owned an sks, like since the early 1990's. But it has what looks like a detachable magazine lever, kinda like an AK, but its not for AK mags, def the duckbill mag. That said I don't seem to remember it just being a lock in and lock out kind of lever like this one. But my memory may be foggy. Anyway, just curious if the markings/lack of  normal? Figured it would say Norinco or Polytech somewhere? Could I have overlooked? TIA.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:41:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Typical SKS markings for a Chinese made SKS at factory 26.  I have one just like it made in 1968.

Did I read correctly that your serial number is an 85 million number??  That seems way too high.  If it were an 8.5 million that would make more sense and put the production date at about 1964.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
It may have very tiny import marks along the barrel, maybe under the wood or somewhere on the trigger group. Not all Chinese SKS imports sported a commercial banner. There is a possibility that is was a Vietnam bring-back which would have neither a commercial banner nor import marks. There were a lot of SKS bring-backs that have been bubba'd. Unfortunately, if it doesn't have the original paperwork or if the gun was modified and cannot be returned to its original state, it loses almost all value as a "bring back".

NOT my pic but something like this;
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
With it having "Made in China" on it then it was not a bring back. The importers marks may be hidden by the cleaning rod and bayonet.  Some older imports only have the country of origin like Lugers that say Germany or Enfields that say England.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
mine does not even have a "made in china" or anything just a 2mil number the 26 and then a RTI logo on the barrel right in front of the handguard in really fine print.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top