Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/11/2014 3:55:11 PM EDT
Ok, I just made a trade for a numbers matching (receiver, bolt, trigger guard are same) in really good shape, no rust anywhere. Now the bad news; it'sitting in an adjustable stock that someone bubba'd in case they wanted to add the railed cover for an optic. Only problem is there are a few scratches on the receiver since the guy didn 't take it out if the stock first. It's a Norinco BTW. Just trying to get an idea of value, it's been mod'd for mags.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#1]
We need some pics.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounding like a $250-$300 SKS to me if it is a standard Chinese.

Now if it is a 16" paratrooper, or by modded for mags you mean it takes AK mags, its value will go up.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope, standard length, just mod'd for detachable SKS mags. I did ok, just need to look for a better stock.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:29:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Ebay has a decent selection of stocks, i just bought a really nice one from there yesterday for a restoration im working on
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Got an OD Tapco from Cheaper Than Dirt on the way. Once I get it back together, I'll post some pics. It's gonna be a shooter, and I was pretty certain I did okay on the swap. Took the old stock off, and to my surprise it's in better shape than I'd have thought. No rust I can see anywhere, going to get a pen and touch up the scratches on the receiver. Some carbon on the piston, but that was about it. Got lucky on this one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Couple pieces of info; From the receiver serial number is 10-1725XXX there is a small triangle (can't make out any symbols) following the numbers, then a D. Right of that is Norinco China Poly USA GA
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top