Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2014 6:22:32 PM EDT
I have read some about the AK magazine conversions and know its a no turning back ordeal.  If it was done and done well do you think it would hurt the value of a Cherrys Import Yugo 59/66?  I doubt I would ever sell it but wondered how bad or good it would turn out money wise if I ever did have to.  I like the rifle and for me the AK magazines make more sense but on the same note hate to "ruin" the rifles value.    
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of a conversion to AK mags working properly on an SKS, though the SKS-D models which came factory-made using AK detachable mags are reportedly just fine.

Unless you can have a metal working "artiste" get you to SKS-D factory levels of reliability and sophistication on the conversion, I think you'll kill the C&R status, chop off 1/3 or more of the value of the cherry rifle and wind up with a rifle with feeding issues for your trouble.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top