Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/12/2014 3:15:26 PM EDT
Mine!
Sorry about the shitty picture, I'm going to bring my actual camera to work tomorrow and get some decent pictures.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#2]
It's not an M as I found out. It's a type 84.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:55:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate you
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:21:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I need one of those for the trifecta in my SKS collection...
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:40:01 AM EDT
[#5]
well guess what???  I found one on the EE and bought it from the feller  I am one happy SOB right now

Now I have my trifecta completed.  20" D model, 16" sporter, and soon to arrive 16" type 84
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
well guess what???  I found one on the EE and bought it from the feller  I am one happy SOB right now

Now I have my trifecta completed.  20" D model, 16" sporter, and soon to arrive 16" type 84
View Quote

I saw that listed and was very tempted to buy it.if i hadn't of bought a Russian SKS last week off the EE i would have grabbed it.

Post up some pics when it arrives.Congrats
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I saw that listed and was very tempted to buy it.if i hadn't of bought a Russian SKS last week off the EE i would have grabbed it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I noticed your reply to his add and was hoping that you were just asking a question or offering a trade or something  I have been searching for one for so long that I had to jump on it.  Even though I had not planned on a gun purchase this month...

I could link his pics  but I will post some of all three together when I get it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I noticed your reply to his add and was hoping that you were just asking a question or offering a trade or something  I have been searching for one for so long that I had to jump on it.  Even though I had not planned on a gun purchase this month...

I could link his pics  but I will post some of all three together when I get it.
View Quote

It was on gunbroker about a month or two ago.I think he bought it and resold it to you.I thought it looked like the same rifle is why i replied.

I passed on it due to a concern with the stock.If it was mint i would have snagged it.

Sent you a IM DoorKicker
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#9]

I want it so much I'm welling to fight Johnny Law for it!

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Looks in the picture like the bolt hold open is missing?  Is this actually the case?  Wonder how hard it would be to find a replacement if so?

Also, have you fired it yet?  Have you tried non modified mags yet?  The seller I just purchased mine from off the EE says that "Some" non modified metal mags would work?

I am thinking I will modify about 4 of my AK mags to go strictly with this rifle. Just gonna mark the floor plate 84 w paint marker...
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#11]
My type 84 finally arrived today and I picked it up.  Every metal mag I tried worked just fine.  But only the one that came with it will hold the bolt open.  Also, when you use the modified mag that came with it, you just about have to have the bolt locked to the rear to get it to seat properly.  With standard metal mags I can load them with the bolt closed

So far very happy even if it did ship very slow...
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My type 84 finally arrived today and I picked it up.  Every metal mag I tried worked just fine.  But only the one that came with it will hold the bolt open.  Also, when you use the modified mag that came with it, you just about have to have the bolt locked to the rear to get it to seat properly.  With standard metal mags I can load them with the bolt closed

View Quote

Glad you got it finally.

Here is a link with how to modify AK mags for the type 84.Pretty good detailed info with pics,etc.

Congrats on getting a rare piece.I just got a D model this week, now looking for a 84 as well

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=68044.0
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Glad you got it finally.

Here is a link with how to modify AK mags for the type 84.Pretty good detailed info with pics,etc.

Congrats on getting a rare piece.I just got a D model this week, now looking for a 84 as well

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad you got it finally.

I don't think I am going to modify any.  Every metal one that I tried worked. I finally just stopped because I didn't feel the need to try all 40 or so that I have.  Only the few plastic mags I have didn't work.
Now, none of the un-modified mags held the bolt open on the last round, but that is not a big deal to me.  They functioned properly is all that matters
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don't think I am going to modify any.  Every metal one that I tried worked. I finally just stopped because I didn't feel the need to try all 40 or so that I have.  Only the few plastic mags I have didn't work.
Now, none of the un-modified mags held the bolt open on the last round, but that is not a big deal to me.  They functioned properly is all that matters
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad you got it finally.

Cool, saves you the trouble of modifying them.

Have fun with it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Looks in the picture like the bolt hold open is missing?  Is this actually the case?  Wonder how hard it would be to find a replacement if so?

Also, have you fired it yet?  Have you tried non modified mags yet?  The seller I just purchased mine from off the EE says that "Some" non modified metal mags would work?

I am thinking I will modify about 4 of my AK mags to go strictly with this rifle. Just gonna mark the floor plate 84 w paint marker...
View Quote

Yup, it's missing. Replacement parts may be impossible to find. I have shot it and I likes it much. Some modified mags function but won't hold open on the last shot
due to the shape of the follower. Some mags will go in place but refuse to stay there once the rifle is cycled.

I did find that taking a pair of large Vice Grips and mooshing the little bumps down first makes a much quicker job of finish grinding them.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top