Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2014 11:59:08 PM EDT
I'm no SKS expert, I don't know what this is. No AK or SKS mags seems to fit. The front of the mag doesn't fit in the slot on the front of the mag well. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help on this.

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you try to fit the magazines in with the bolt to the rear?

Also a factory 10rd SKS mag or a non detachable magazine, needs the trigger group out of the rifle to lock into the gun.

The magazine catch looks like an AK style, there is a slot in front of the magwell for an AK mag as well, the bolt does look like a regular style SKS bolt from the bottom, It may need the sides shaved down to fit in the feedlips of the AK magazines.

Looks like a bulpup stock, and the stock is made to fit standard SKS style/duckbill magazines.

Need more pics.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]

The bolt was back
The bolt is already shaved down. looks like a factory job.

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Does the mag well front slot look like a normal SKS type D?
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you sure an AK mag won't fit?

If not, i might wonder if you have an M or D trigger group in a standard rifle.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:02:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought that as well, but it also has the narrow bolt. I'm not familiar with the type M or D.
I really need a picture of a D mag well to compare.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#6]

By the way its a type D from my research. The receiver and trigger housing are matching numbers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Photos would help a lot..
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top