Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2014 10:17:31 PM EDT
FFL received my Type 56 today. All matching numbers except the barrel, which has an "E" prefix. Good thing is, the bore is absolutely pristine once all the cosmoline came off.

Question No. 1 - All the pictures I've seen of a Type 56 serial number has a triangle to either the left or right of the serial number. Why does mine not have one?

Question No. 2 - The Stock is absolutely littered with carvings of various Albanian names and places. Is my stock not original, or has my rifle been to Albania?

Thanks for any responses.

Edit, My rifle also has no Chinese characters on it. Just some various "proof marks" and the 5 digit serial number.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics not loading
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics not loading
View Quote

I'll get some up tomorrow.

Please come back.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Its tomorrow.  Im here.

Based on your info, I'm gonna guess you have one of three or four possible rifles.  The features will give it away when pics come.  Its either a Chibanian, a real Albanian or a Yugo.  May be a Russian but is very unlikely.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
OP delivers

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like an Early Sino-Soviet Chibanian.  Probably made in china under Russian supervision.  Those look like Russian proofs on the barrel shank.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like what is called a "ghost" SKS - no Russian letter prefix to the serial number to denote it as a Sino-Soviet and no Chinese arsenal markings.  Pretty cool, sksboards.com is where you need to go and join.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like what is called a "ghost" SKS - no Russian letter prefix to the serial number to denote it as a Sino-Soviet and no Chinese arsenal markings.  Pretty cool, sksboards.com is where you need to go and join.
View Quote

^this
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback guys.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I've googled "Agim Shera". I'm getting facebook profiles so it's obviously a name.

Just seems like a guy got his buddies to sign his rifle before he went away or something. Well it's mine now, Mr. Shera
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is the webpage being referenced to.  The OP over there is also keeping a running tally if you check the bottom of his replies.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top