Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2014 1:18:10 AM EDT
Okay I've got an SKS the previous owner bubba'd the grenade launcher and sight off of (). I bought a paratrooper front sight and want to just remove the entire front sight block and replace it with the new sight and call it good.

I've driven the pin with no issue out but I find conflicting posts on the web as to whether the Yugo block is threaded on or pressed on. Just don't want to go damaging stuff because I didn't have the patience to find out the right way.

So, is the Yugo threaded or pressed on?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:32:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I've done this before and shortened the barrel. To answer your question it's pressed on. Drive you pins out, remove the the Muzzlebrake, take a block of wook/hammer and beat the FSB off towards the muzzle. I'd suggest a can of WD40 and some oil to get the barrel nice and slick. When I pinned my standard FSB onto the barrel, I didn't like the looks of the front threads so I took tubing cutters and shortened the barrel to standard spec. After I recrowned the barrel, I purchased a blade bayonet assembly and installed it. Now it looks like a Yugo M59, I even removed the gas valve plunger with a hex screw and new gas valve. I call it my experimental Yugo M59E1
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top