Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/20/2013 9:55:22 PM EDT
So I just got a norinco from a buddy. The mags that came with it look like ak mags and they fit just fine. Only problem is that they are a cheap plastic kind with no name on them. They don't have a fitting point like most sks mags I've seen. What are these and how is it that my sks won't fit the normal mags for them?
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 1:14:38 AM EDT
[#1]
If your sks takes regular ak mags then it is a D or M modell
Standard sks's can use a duckbill bag in place of the stock 10 round mag.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
K so I bought an ak mag and no good, it doesn't fit. So I got two duckbill-less mags with this gun. They are not billed ones with it cut off. Ive looked closer at the gun and I can see the adpter to make it use duckbill less mags but what is the point if they dont make mags with out the duckbills?
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Any help?...
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess no one knows
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 2:17:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I know exactly what you are talking about. I saw a mag like that somewhere recently, I'm thinking CDNN, but can't find it anywhere now, but it was an AK looking mag that came with a seperate adapter. So if you don't like the mag, just remove the adapter and use an original or a tapco duckbill.
I'd like to see detailed picks of the set up you've got also. Are there any names on the mag or adaptor?
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I know exactly what you are talking about. I saw a mag like that somewhere recently, I'm thinking CDNN, but can't find it anywhere now, but it was an AK looking mag that came with a seperate adapter. So if you don't like the mag, just remove the adapter and use an original or a tapco duckbill.
I'd like to see detailed picks of the set up you've got also. Are there any names on the mag or adaptor?
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to post some pics this week. It has an ati drgonov stock on it so I'm wondering if that is whats stopping the ak mag to fit.
And no there is not any writing on the mags at all. It also came with the sks 'sporter' wood stock and that would mean it should take ak mags.
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not Exactly, I have seen some folks put a standard SKS in a "D" or "M" stock for no known reason.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It also came with the sks 'sporter' wood stock and that would mean it should take ak mags.

Not Exactly, I have seen some folks put a standard SKS in a "D" or "M" stock for no known reason.

True.....
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 12:12:35 PM EDT
[#10]
You've gotten one with the old cobray duckbill less adapter probably. Chuck it and go with the marcus mag adapter that i linked to on here below and roll with tapco 20 and pro mag 30 with the duck bills cut off.

The cobray ones suck and are known for non functionality. If you want one that is known to work here you go.

http://www.thesksmagadapter.com/2.html

Make sure you read up on 922R. If the sks is using detachable mags it has to be 922R compliant which normally means for chinese 10 or less foreign parts. If you do not have 10 or less foreign parts then you need to replace some of the chinaman parts for us made parts or you are breaking federal law.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 11:36:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd rather just take the adapter off and use a regular sks mag. I don't understand the point of using a duckbill less mag when they don't make them. Except for the  mags I already got.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#12]
You may describing one of our SKS mag adapters. Go here and look at the products page and let me know if this what you have. And we do have/sell the modified mags for our adapter. Check out the new G9/A. It uses AR 15, 7.62x39 modified mags.

www.thesksmagadapter.com

Marcus
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#13]
My God it sounds like you stumbled across my original SKS from back in 1990  

I am serious.

I installed the cobray mag adaptor and one of those ATI stocks on it as well.  Even though I know there were millions sold, and most likely this is not mine, It sure sounds like it.

Anyway, shoot it and it may work just fine.  I never had problems with mine.

Sure would like to see pics...
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top